Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #11
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: that hussy touched my belly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmommy View Post
That totally made me LOL I didn't mind for family to touch mine or close friends but was a lil annoyed when a complete stranger would just start rubbing my belly
Ditto!

Advertisement

ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:07 AM   #12
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

My loud mouth would have got the best of me. I would have hit her hand away and said what in the **** do you think you are doing I didn't tell you you could do that and you didnt even ask!!! Leave us alone! I cannot believe her! I would have been upset too! She is like intruding into your life!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Lmakes5
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jo View Post
I had an employee that asked if she could knock on my belly because she heard that it sounded like a watermelon inside. Wierdo...
Whadda whackjob!

I swore to my DH that if anyone that didn't have permission started to rub my belly I was going to rub their a$$ and make similar comments that you hear about PG bellies. I guess I must have had that look as well 'cause anyone that wanted to touch my belly asked first.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #14
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That would have been incredibly awkward.

I really don't like for people to touch my preggo belly either. My MIL was a crazy belly toucher. She would rub my belly at 3, 4, & 5 months along...when I wasn't even showing yet. It just creeped me out. Plus, later in my first pregnancy she would touch my belly and swear she felt the baby move. I knew for sure it didn't and she would argue with me about it. Ummm, don't you think I would know if the baby moved. Sorry, a little venting there. But I do have different tolerance levels about it for different people. I don't mind DH touching it at all...I love for him to be as bonded to the new baby as possible.

I guess I just don't get the "rub someone elses pregnant belly" thing. I have no desire to.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I let certain people touch mine...like family and a few close friends strangers are different yea i tried to feel my best friends baby move but i would NEVER touch a strangers belly how rude
Old 03-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #16
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I'm another weirdo who loved getting my preggo belly rubbed. I would even find DC's head and let the person know where it was so they could say hello

DS liked his butt being rubbed while I was preggo with him (I could feel him relax when I rubbed it) so I would tell people who rubbed where he liked it
Old 03-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
jaimegrrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happymama View Post
That would have been incredibly awkward.

I really don't like for people to touch my preggo belly either. My MIL was a crazy belly toucher. She would rub my belly at 3, 4, & 5 months along...when I wasn't even showing yet. It just creeped me out.

My MIL is the same way and I HATE it (and she wonders why we have only seen her a handful of times since I've been pregnant!)! On New Year's eve, she started rubbing my belly and wouldn't remove her hands afterwards! I actually had to step away to get her to stop touching me! Talk about awkward! She hasn't had the opportunity to touch me since then, but I have to see her Saturday at my shower and I am SO NOT looking forward to it!

Now, MY mom on the other hand, is incrediably respectful, and I have had to tell her that it's ok to touch my belly (which makes her really excited ). I have only seen her twice though, but I don't think that it would be any different if she lived closer. Of course, she could just be a little intimidated after hearing me complain about MIL so much!
Starting the addiction all over again!! ISO: Grovia WOODLANDS print (shell or AIO), Swaddlebees/Blueberry DINO party and ELEPHANTS prints, Best bottoms HEDGEHOG cover/AIO, OBV wipes, Aden & Anais BOYish burpy bibs and swaddling blankets...
jaimegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #18
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's weird. Ex's of my husband (2 ex wives) always had weird reactions to my pregnancies.....from crying jags of it's not fair to her, to my baby was supposed to be hers, blah blah, but luckily they have not laid a hand on me. I hate it when people think they have the right to touch my stomach just because I'm pregnant.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #19
Stefany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was my favorite blinky when I was pg.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #20
tomatojane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With all those pg hormones you have, she's lucky she didn't pull back a bloody stump! She sounds a little unstable anyway. Hands off! (without permission, of course)
tomatojane is offline   Reply With Quote