Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
AJ_Parks
Registered Users

My Mood:
Itchy

Hi ladies,
I have recently became really itchy all over the place but have no rash. I itch on my stomach, arms, thighs, bottoms of my feet, and my hands. It is starting to wake me up in the middle of the night and I can't go back to sleep cuz I itch so much. Any ideas what this is. Should I be worried about this? I go to the dr on Wed. Also I am about 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. Never had this with the other two.

Advertisement

#3 due in June
AJ_Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
newtodiaper78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Itchy

Could it be due to dry skin? Is it happening every night or after a particular meal?

I'm about 10 weeks or so, and just had a bad case of hives and swelling all over the body, and mostly in the areas that you wrote. I came back from an allergist and he said I might have a food allergy. Or it could be nothing at all.

Maybe if you can think back on what you ate that could be causing it. Any suggestions from your OB?

And my allergist told me told me to take a Claritin for the symptoms. So far, the itching and swelling is subsiding.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
AJ_Parks
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodiaper78 View Post
Could it be due to dry skin? Is it happening every night or after a particular meal?

I'm about 10 weeks or so, and just had a bad case of hives and swelling all over the body, and mostly in the areas that you wrote. I came back from an allergist and he said I might have a food allergy. Or it could be nothing at all.

Maybe if you can think back on what you ate that could be causing it. Any suggestions from your OB?

And my allergist told me told me to take a Claritin for the symptoms. So far, the itching and swelling is subsiding.
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't think it is dry skin, there is no visible dry skin or rash. Just itch like crazy. I guess I might try taking benadryl and see if it helps.
#3 due in June
AJ_Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds a lot like PUPPP, but that usually has a rash along with it. Might ask your doctor about PUPPP though. My friend had it with her pregnancy and was itchy, itchy, itchy for months. It isn't harmful though.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Googly Bear
Registered Users
Formerly: Leighznich
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm itchy too, and 16 weeks with my 3rd, lol. I think I've developed a sensitivity to either my laundry detergent or fabric softener, honestly. I don't think it's PUPPPs because I had that with my son but it doesn't usually present until the 3rd tri and there is a visible rash.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is a symptom of your skin streching, I would just make sure you lather up with some vitamin e lotion and avoid itching because it could help cause stretch marks. For the stomach anyways, no idea about the feet
Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my arms and leg shave been like that with previous pregnancies my midwife had me take dandelion tincture and it worked.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Bastetti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this with my first (and so far only) child - I attributed it to hormonal itching and applied this http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products...ms/dream-cream 3-4 times a day as needed, and bathed with this http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products...gels/dreamwash. It helped somewhat, and I never got stretchmarks
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
sjebillings
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi,

You need to look up the symptoms of Cholestasis of pregnancy and make sure you don't have it. Get some blood work done if you can to rule it out. I've had it with my first two and not my third. It's no fun, dangerous but is treatable. Go to www.itchymoms.com to look up the symptoms and such. I had two healthy babies with it so if you do have it, don't panic, just go see your OB asap. HUGS!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
ladybugmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjebillings View Post
Hi,

You need to look up the symptoms of Cholestasis of pregnancy and make sure you don't have it. Get some blood work done if you can to rule it out. I've had it with my first two and not my third. It's no fun, dangerous but is treatable. Go to www.itchymoms.com to look up the symptoms and such. I had two healthy babies with it so if you do have it, don't panic, just go see your OB asap. HUGS!
WSS- I know a mommy who lost a child to this condition. Please get checked in case.