Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Theywerepert
Registered Users

Alva Baby 2.0? Anyone use these?

I've been here before, but it's been such a long time since I cd a nb that I needed to come back and ask some questions! I was peeking in eBay to see what there is to offer, and I saw some extremely inexpensive os diapers by a China company called Alva Baby. They resemble all the other os diapers, and I was just wondered about their quality, or if anyone has had any experience with these or other China brand diapers. Tia, and I'm sure I'll be back with a bunch more questions!

Advertisement

Theywerepert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Alva Baby 2.0? Anyone use these?

These do look like alot of other China made diapers. IMO they are just as good of quality as any other. I just got some Sunbaby 4.0s in the mail and I love them. I am impressed. You could always try the Alva Baby and see how you like them.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Theywerepert
Registered Users

Sunbaby 4.0 was the other one that I saw. How do they compare to BG? I used those with dd2, and the price just seems too good to be true regarding the China made ones......
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I owned BGs as well, I used the BG pockets almost exclusively with DD2 for awhile. I like the Sunbaby diapers, the inners are fleece (my kids have all had a suedecloth sensitivity) and I like the snap placement. The inners are very soft on the Sunbaby diapers. I only just got mine today, so I can't say for sure how I will like them overtime. But honestly, for the price, they can't be beat! I was going to try Kawaii but I wasn't thrilled with the snap placement on those by looking at the pics. It seems as the Sunbaby would likely be a true OS diaper, would easily fit from 8 lbs.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have not tried the alva baby 2.0, but I do have some of the sunbaby 4.0. I do like the sunbaby but can not give advice on the inserts that come with them because I bought mine without inserts and use flats instead.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Theywerepert
Registered Users

Thanks so much for the input ladies. Anyone else who wants to chime in, please do. I still can't believe the price on them on eBay......I'm a little gunshy, and I still have until the middle/end of March to get my stash going.

Doesn't that make me sound like a druggie lol? Get my stash going.....cd's are addictive though.....
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
karaboone
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theywerepert View Post
Sunbaby 4.0 was the other one that I saw. How do they compare to BG? I used those with dd2, and the price just seems too good to be true regarding the China made ones......
I LOVE my sunbaby diapers... I haven't had any issues with those (my main stash) or any of the other random ebay/china diapers I've bought.

I actually just bought 12 more sunbaby 4.0s the other day and can't wait to get them!

Totally worth the $6. you can get a better deal for sunbaby through www.sunbabydiapers.com now. It's their new website and it's like $5 cheaper on packages. But if you just buy less than 12 you have to order through ebay.

ISO/IHA (diapers!!) List :: FS: Baby Legs, Jewelry & More Here!
karaboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
Theywerepert
Registered Users

Kara, have you ever had any issues with customs when you order through eBay with the Sunbaby dipes? I read their page (or was it the Alvababy?) and it mentioned that sometimes there is a customs charge that is charged by the shipping company? Not sure how that would affect the price, or if at all?

eta: thanks for the link!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #9
Shout
Registered Users
Formerly: Ottbabies
seller

My Mood:

I have an alva baby and sunbabies, I love the sunbabys and was able to find 30 for $75 off my local craigslist so I would def check there first. Both brands work well, the inserts are very thin though so you may have to double stuff or chuck them all together and use something else, my DD is not a heavy pee-er so we can get away with using them. The fit is trim and the prints are cute. I would recommend them for someone on a budget. Heck FB's are made in China!
Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
Shout
Registered Users
Formerly: Ottbabies
seller

My Mood:

Oh I should add that I like the fit of the single row snapped alva diapers vs the double row of snaps
Shout is offline   Reply With Quote