Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
araney
Registered Users
seller

Mom I bought from not responding

Update:
I sent an email to her Paypal address, and it came back as undeliverable. Really getting concerned now. Thoughts?

I'm wondering how long you would wait before filing a dispute on Paypal in this situation:

I sent money for diapers on 12/28. I sent an email on 12/30 and 1/3 (this afternoon) asking about status and have not received any responses from the seller. It has been one week since date of payment.

I was thinking of sending an email that goes along these lines:

I have tried repeatedly to contact you regarding this purchase and have received no responses. If I have not heard from you with a delivery confirmation number by <date>, I will be requesting a full refund of <amount>.

Anyway, just wondering at what point you would start to take action?

Advertisement

Last edited by araney; 01-06-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Update
araney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mom I bought from not responding

I would give a bit more time. It hasn't even been a week and there have been holidays in there.

The lack of communication would annoy me. Have you checked to see if shes even been online since you messaged her? Also, have you tried contacting a mod? Paypal gives you 45 days to dispute a purchase so there is plenty of time.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
croark
Registered Users
seller

I would say give it more time too.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
petuniajo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree. It's pretty annoying, but it has been over new years and stuff. I'd wait another few days and tell her if she doesn't contact you within a week you will be escalating.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
astro_girl
Registered Users
seller

I'd actually be suspicious and taking action at day 7 of no communication. Paypal has specific guidelines on this, but I can't recall if it's 7 or 14 days...I'd check that out.
astro_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
applebutter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's only been a few business days. Not long enough to freak out and file a PP claim. I'd be irritated at no replies, but not ready to take action yet. Send her a real email to her PP email account, if you haven't already. I've heard of people having issues getting DS PMs.

ISO:
DD Granny Smith, Caramel Apple, MM Circe, SBish interlock longies w/11"+ inseam
applebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #7
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

did you send messages through ds and did you check to see if she received them or has been on ds since you messaged? i'd give it a couple of days to see if she responds or if your package arrives? maybe she has mailed it already. it is the holidays so she could be traveling or busy. sorry mama, it stinks when people don't communicate. hopefully you hear something soon.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do agree the lack of communication would bother me but has she been on and read them and have you sent an email to her pp addy? If she has been on than I would definitely contact a mod. as that's just rude not to respond. If she hasn't I would give it a few more days as it has only been a few business days and some mamas just go to the po and mail the package and don't send a dc#...I've had that many times and the package just shows up.

I want to add though that we got pounded with snow for almost 4 days and had no mail in or out...so, depending on where she is in the country she might not have been able to get to the po.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What kind of feedback does she have? If she has a good amount of positives and no negatives, I wouldn't be too worried. If she was new or have some negs I might be worried - but either way, I'd wait another week. You have 45 days to file with PP. But still - annoying!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
araney
Registered Users
seller

I'm not really concerned about how soon the package goes out; I just want some communication on her end so I know I haven't been taken. She actually has only one other feedback as a seller and it's not exactly good. Person states it took a month for her to ship with very poor communication. Guess that's what I get for not checking a person's feedback before purchasing. I will try sending an email to her PP address to see if she will respond to that.

Thanks for the input everyone.
araney is offline   Reply With Quote