Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need fish ideas!

My favorite fish are tilapia and salmon. I love just drizzling EVOO, adding some minced garlic, some dried herbs like basil, oregano, rosemary, and then popping it in the oven for less than 10 mins. Before eating, I spritz fresh lemon juice over it. Mmmm! We rarely have fish because my DS is allergic and I don't like to risk him getting hives.

Advertisement

keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My husband doesn't care for fish, but he likes this recipe.

Sprinkle your fish with a little bit of salt and pepper. In a bowl mix 1 cup of italian style bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese. Moisten fish with a little bit of water, and then coat with bread crumb mixture.

In skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil until hot. Add fish. Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish is flaky. Set fish aside and cover with tin foil to keep warm while you prepare the glaze.

Put 2 Tablespoons of butter into your hot pan, and melt until it starts to turn brown. Then add 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, mix, and cook unti it reduces by about half.
Pour over your fish.

My husband doesn't like the Basalmic sauce, so I just pour it over my own fish. He loves the crusted fish though. And Tilapia is very mild, so people who aren't crazy about fish are more likely to eat it.

Good luck! God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerWagon View Post
This by far is my favorite fish recipe. Easy, quick, and I always have everything on hand. and my kids and DH eat it all up! I buy individually packaged Tilapia filets from Target in the frozen section. They thaw in the sink, cold water, in about 10-15 minutes.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx

I add bread crumbs to the mixture (to keep it from running under the broiler), and put old bay on each side of the fish for more flavor. I also have substituted light mayo and 50/50 butter before and turns out great. Fast. You will be done in 15 mins max.
I'm so glad you posted this recipe!! I used to make it all the time. I must have saved it on my old computer and I haven't been able to find it again!! Thanks!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
momof2jmwjaw
Registered Users
seller

I ended up getting some flounder. I have only had it once but loved it. I am hoping he likes it! If he does we may do tilapia next. I have never cooked it though.