Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #21
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Minimalist Baby <3

Honestly, when we had our 3rd, we didn't really need anything except cloth diapers as that's when we made the switch. I too think babes don't need much. Having two kids already, we had a swing, a crib, a pack n play (which baby slept in in our room until he slept through the night), etc. I've saved all my kids clothes so no needs there. Our 3rd wears all his big brother's hand me downs. He sleeps in the same crib the older two did. He uses the same changing table the older two did, etc. Oh, I did make the switch to an Ergo, which I bought used on Craigslist. That was our only purchase for baby 3 and it was probably the wisest baby purchase I've made with all 3 kids. LOVE my Ergo.
We have a shower for each baby. I know some are against that, but we just feel its a celebration of the child's birth. But since we didn't need much for baby #3, we put on our invite that we had a cloth diaper fund going. LOTS of people gave to the cloth diaper fund. It was easy for them, they felt their money was going to something really useful and a real need, and we always frustrate our friends by not finding out the gender and everyone hates buying green and yellow.
I'd say make sure you're covered in the diaper need and baby carrier need and most likely you'll be fine.

Advertisement

zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #22
mdubois
Registered Users
seller

Re: Minimalist Baby <3

I so appreciate this thread! THanks!
mdubois is offline   Reply With Quote