Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
jess08060
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper Bag??

Well, I would love to know what you all use? I am shopping and have my eye on the Vera Bradley, but am open to other suggestions!

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Qwertytigger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper Bag??

I'm curious as well... I made my diaper bag for my previous baby but it was to big so now I'm trying to decide I should try to find or make a better one.
Rachel, SAHM mommy to Benjamin Michael(9/98), Elizabeth Ruth(12/00), Abigail Faith(5/03), Caleb Matthew(2/06), Anna Felicity(11/09), Isaac Nathaniel(2/11), #7 edd 3/13
Qwertytigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
nichey
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use a Fleurville Lexi Tote

It's a little pricey I got mine off E-bay for much much less. Stains come out easily with Oxyclean and the exterior fabric is all laminated so it can just be wiped off! It's a little small for a ton of cloth diapers--but I usually use GroVia's when we're out of the house and just carry one extra shell and a bunch of inserts. On long trips or all day outings we use 'sposies and that leaves plenty of room for a blanket, bottles, H2O etc. In one of the side pockets it has nice zippered compartments that I use for my wallet, etc.

I had bought and Eddie Bauer bag to use as an alternative and haven't touched it. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Fleurville and if this one dies (it's very well constructed) I'll definitely buy another.
nichey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just have a cheap Graco bag, I like it a lot but if I could spend the money I would get a Diaper Dude, I love all the pockets and how it's a messinger bag. I suppose it's important to me to have a bag that Daddy doesn't mind carrying.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
BarefootGirl
Registered Users
seller

Not technically a diaper bag, but I LOVE it - the Freemont Tote by Kavu. There are several prints, but I have the solid khaki-colored one. It's a good size, divided inside by a waterproof pocket. I put all my dipes and supplies on one side and use the other side for extra baby clothes, burp cloths, and still have lots of extra room. I used the waterproof pocket for wet dipes when I forgot my wetbag. There is also a small inner pocket with zipper. Outside has a big pocket for my stuff - keys, wallet, cell, and extra room or I can throw all that inside. There's also a pocket/bungee on the side for waterbottle. I absolutely love this bag. It really has more room than I need now with just a newborn but will be great for when I hopefully later have a toddler and a newborn and need to carry toys, snacks, etc as well. It would even mke a good beach/pool bag for just myself or would be really good as a carry-on for a plane trip. I love it!!!

ETA Dad wouldn't mind carrying it as well since it's sporty-looking, not babyish or girly.

Last edited by BarefootGirl; 01-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.
BarefootGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
ericalee23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just sold a Vera bradley diaper bag yesterday! I wish I would've seen this!
ericalee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
Cheryl3
Registered Users

I use a Vera Backpack. I prefer to have my hands free when I'm chasing a kid and a backpack stays out of my way.

Cheryl
wifey to Rick
mommy to N & L - June 2000
& suprise baby boy A - July 2008
Cheryl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Len27
Registered Users
seller

I have a JJ Cole Systems bag. DH uses a regular backpack when he's with the kiddos or we're travelling.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
kalasin
Registered Users
seller

I mostly use a Petunia Pickle Bottom shoulderbag. It's huge but not bulky and I love the built in changing pad. It's actually almost too much room for me and I'm considering going back to a PPB touring tote. There are times when I love the idea of a backpack but I wouldn't want it 100% of the time so I just use a regular laptop backpack when I do need one.
kalasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
Nachomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a homemade OnBag (the babywearing bag) and love it. One big section inside with tons of small pockets along the inside and outside walls.