Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #21
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Washed in Tide... dipes now stink :(

I do a full scoop!! So does my "mentor"
Just wash on warm setting. (We use coin ops) and do an extra wash cycle to rinse.
Sometimes if I've let the diapers go too long, I'll wash w/one scoop, wash again with another scoop, rinse, and then dry, and they smell great again.

ETA: I do use tide w/bleach sometimes, or just Clean Breeze Tide.
Never had any issues.

Advertisement

E-2.1.14

Last edited by mrseum; 01-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #22
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I switched from RnG to Tide as well, back last April. I was mostly using Tide as an experiment, I never thought I would like it. We got horrible stinkies the first few washes, I would just take them out of the dryer and then put them back into the washer. The RnG left a filmy residue on the dipes. I have SUPER hard well water and it just wasn't cutting it. I have used several other detergents since Tide, including Gain, and never had any stink or other issues. Don't give up! Tide is an amazing detergent!

ETA: I use up to the "2" line on the scoop, sometimes a little more depending on the load size.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #23
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I've been converted to Tide. I use the regular for my TL. I do a cold rinse, cold/cold wash with Tide to line 2, cold rinse, hot/cold wash with Tide to line 1, and about 2-3 more cold rinses.

I think for me, the biggest difference is rinsing. If I don't rinse enough, my diapers smell AWFUL coming out of the dryer. If I do rinse enough, I have no hint of anything bad out of the dryer.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #24
dshoop
Registered Users

My Mood:

SUPER hot wash with enough detergent, an extra rinse if you want to and that should be it! Stinkies are a result of unclean diaps. If you can't get hot enough water than the alternative is a little bleach. Both kill bacteria that cause stinkies. Your water needs to get to atleast 120-130 Degrees F. Add a pot of boiling water to your wash if your water heater doesn't get hot enough. Good luck, it's really not supposed to be a pita.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #25
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a super bad ammonia problem-this has FIXED it!!
I do a HOT soak with 1 cup of vinegar. Let it sit a while. This breaks up the urine crystals.
Drain.
Hot wash with Tide and oxy.....This is new routine- LOVE IT!!
A couple of hot rinses this all suds are gone...cold rinse...done.
HTH
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #26
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Regular Tide used to be my favorite detergent when we had a regular top loader and soft water. I only had to use a TBSP or 2, and everything always came so clean. The smell of the regular Tide never bothered me, because it rinsed clean and the diapers/clothing never hung onto the perfume scent once the cycle was done. However, once we got a FL my love for Tide quickly dwindled. Not only did our diapers/clothing quit coming as clean, but they reeked of perfume after going through a cycle and multiple rinses. I never could get the HE Tide to rinse as clean or clean the diapers as well as the non-HE kind. Also, the liquid HE Tide causes a nasty build up funk in our FL. No other HE liquid detergents do this, so I don't know what is in the HE liquid Tide but something is there that doesn't work for us. The only HE Tide powder I ever found was original scent which made me gag and really left the diapers/clothing extra perfumey.

Now we have a non HE top loader again, but I haven't tried Tide again yet. I already had some Purex that says it's okay for HE or regular machines, so I've been using that and so far it's working okay.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

All I know is that the two don't mix!

I my babyganics in my fl'er!! Better cleaning than tide and rinses better. Everything comes out really soft too, like you used softener or something. Oh, and no perfume! But babyganics didn't work well in my tl'er in my last state. So, I'm sure it won't work for everyone.

Last edited by *Peanut*; 01-06-2011 at 11:18 AM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #28
momof2plus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also add 1 T of oxy and 1 T of washing soda to every single load. I fill the Tide to the 1 line or just over. The washing soda is important if you have hard water.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #29
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I have a super bad ammonia problem-this has FIXED it!!
I do a HOT soak with 1 cup of vinegar. Let it sit a while. This breaks up the urine crystals.
Drain.
Hot wash with Tide and oxy.....This is new routine- LOVE IT!!
A couple of hot rinses this all suds are gone...cold rinse...done.
HTH
I'm convinced that vinegar and hot water is KEY to clean diapers. I do a second hot wash with only vinegar. Diapers are so darn clean and soft!
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #30
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
I'm convinced that vinegar and hot water is KEY to clean diapers. I do a second hot wash with only vinegar. Diapers are so darn clean and soft!
YUP!! This has really been working for us... My dipes have never been cleaner!!
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote