Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Should I switch to fenugreek???

Ok...some background...when I was prego, I had really bad (smelly) gas. I expected that things would improve postpartum, but they didn't (Babe is almost 5 months). I'm starting to wonder if the domperidone could be contributing to the gassiness. I don't want to wreck my supply...but this is becoming a social problem. Help! Any ideas?

Advertisement

aaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Should I switch to fenugreek???

I don't know about the gas factor, but Fenugreek worked WONDERS for me!! I love it. And it never CAUSED any issues in that sense
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you eating lots of oatmeal? That gave me problems.
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfanny View Post
Are you eating lots of oatmeal? That gave me problems.
Not any more. I pinned it down as a major culprit and stopped eating it completely. That helped some...but I am still too gassy for it to be normal...
Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Fenugreek gives me the runs....
runzbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #6
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

How much Domperidone are you taking? If you're on the max dose, I don't know that Fenugreek alone would be enough to replace it. Maybe try adding in the fenugreek, and then slowly weaning off the dom? I'm taking 2 Dom 4 times a day, and my LC said to slowly wean off by a pill a week, starting with one when I have the most milk (I cut out my bedtime one, because night I always have plenty), and then lunch, dinner, breakfast pills, every other week, so that you can tell at what point it affects your supply, if that makes sense? HOpe that kind of helps, I feel like it was blabber. :P
Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Mommy2mypeanut
Registered Users

I don't have any experience with Dom. For a couple months, I was taking Fenugreek but I actually found that it was giving me gas. I switched about a month ago to taking a Lactate Support supplement from the vitamin shop. The gas is manageable and it is keeping my supply up where it needs to be.

HTH!
Mommy2mypeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Ok, well, I called my pharmacist this morning. He said that aside from supply issues, there's no reason I couldn't quit the domperidone cold turkey. So I could make the switch pretty quickly if I needed to...just need to decide if I'm ready to make the switch. My plan was kind of to start taking the fenugreek and as I see an increase in supply, cut out the dom. I don't remember having gas when I took fenugreek with my first baby...but that doesn't mean it didn't happen (too bad I'm not better at journal-writing). I just hope switching will solve my problem.

I also made an appointment with an integrative medicine doc...but it's not until Wednesday of next week and I'm impatient (I know...what's another half-week when this has been going on for months?).

ETA: Oh, and I'm on 20 mg x 4 times a day...so not the max dose...but not the min dose either.

Last edited by aaiya; 01-07-2011 at 04:00 PM.