Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #91
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC while BFing GRADS & Greats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally's Red Meadow View Post
Yeah 2 at a time is not all its hyped up to be. There are days where it solves all kinds of problems but then the majority of days I really wish Ds would self wean because feeding dd is all I can do before I'm out of milk and dry sucking just does not feel good.
NO it does not.
Which is the ONLY kind of sucking there is at this point.

I'm happy with having breastfed him for 18 months. I'm satisfied.

But I really can't do it anymore.

But SOME of my BFing friends who support extended BFing (most do NOT support BFing past a year *sigh*) are giving me guilt about weaning because I'm pregnant or because I'm just done with it (i was pretty over it before I got pregnant but was doing it because I wanted to get to 18 months).

Advertisement

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #92
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I'd cut out a 'regular' boob time during the day, one every 2-3 days. Just try to distract with something else. I first had to night wean and then slowly cut out 'regular' times. I think I cut out the going to sleep ones first because he hasn't needed that in a long while.

I kinda went into this pregnancy not caring whether I end up tandeming or him weaning. Still pretty much there. He's down to max 2 sessions a day, most days 1, and he skips sometimes, too. Really not as painful when it's not happening much (He's still too darn cute latching though!). Still don't know if he'll end up weaning or I'll end up with tandem nursers, just figure I'll take it as it comes.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #93
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
Yeah, I'd cut out a 'regular' boob time during the day, one every 2-3 days. Just try to distract with something else. I first had to night wean and then slowly cut out 'regular' times. I think I cut out the going to sleep ones first because he hasn't needed that in a long while.

I kinda went into this pregnancy not caring whether I end up tandeming or him weaning. Still pretty much there. He's down to max 2 sessions a day, most days 1, and he skips sometimes, too. Really not as painful when it's not happening much (He's still too darn cute latching though!). Still don't know if he'll end up weaning or I'll end up with tandem nursers, just figure I'll take it as it comes.
I had to wean my son down to one time a day before my body would let me get pregnant. I did it by removing a feeding once a week (more often than that and I stayed hugely engorged). So, he only nurses once every few days at this point...and even that feels like a piranha has latched onto me...so I can tell you now it won't last long with that feeling! OUCH!
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #94
TNSearch
Registered Users
seller

How is everyone?

Jenn~It was great to hang out with you!
Student. Loving wife to D. Mommy to my 3 boys H (12/20/2006), C (2/19/2008), & B (12/7/2009). AND, #4 due 8/31/2011!!
TNSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #95
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Hi all!!! My name is Desirae I would like to join! I nursed DD (now 18.5 months) through my whole pregnancy without weaning. I am soooooo glad that we were able to. I just had DS last Saturday and am now tandem nursing!! We plan to TTC again when DS is 8-9 months and I really hope I am able to nurse through another pregnancy!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #96
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyD'sMommy View Post
Hi all!!! My name is Desirae I would like to join! I nursed DD (now 18.5 months) through my whole pregnancy without weaning. I am soooooo glad that we were able to. I just had DS last Saturday and am now tandem nursing!! We plan to TTC again when DS is 8-9 months and I really hope I am able to nurse through another pregnancy!
CONGRATS!

My son was 19 months when I found out I was pregnant, so my kids won't be super close together (not for lack of trying!). I don't know if i could handle tandem nursing. You're one tough mama

Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #97
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Welcome. your two little ones are just about the same age apart mine are.
How is everything going with the little one. I'm guessing your milk is in by now. my milk came in faster the second time around. My ds did take a small break from nursing right at the end of my pg so he was no help in getting the milk in faster, but little dd did pretty good on her own for about a week or so then ds went right back to nursing.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #98
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
CONGRATS!

My son was 19 months when I found out I was pregnant, so my kids won't be super close together (not for lack of trying!). I don't know if i could handle tandem nursing. You're one tough mama
Thank you. It wasn't always easy! I was really worried about losing my milk. Thankfully I had a decent milk supply until around 18-20weeks then it was pretty much just dry nursing and was so painful. It was all I could do to keep nursing sometimes. Toward the end it was getting really bad, but we pushed through. My milk came in pretty much right after DS was born and now it is much better. Tandem nursing isn't easy because of DD's jealousy, but she is down to only nursing 3x day (morning, nap, and bedtime) so that makes it easier! I'm just starving ALLLLL the time nursing two.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #99
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: TTC while BFing GRADS & Greats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSearch View Post
How is everyone?

Jenn~It was great to hang out with you!
Hey. It was great to hang out with you too! We had so much fun!

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #100
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thank you. It wasn't always easy! I was really worried about losing my milk. Thankfully I had a decent milk supply until around 18-20weeks then it was pretty much just dry nursing and was so painful. It was all I could do to keep nursing sometimes. Toward the end it was getting really bad, but we pushed through. My milk came in pretty much right after DS was born and now it is much better. Tandem nursing isn't easy because of DD's jealousy, but she is down to only nursing 3x day (morning, nap, and bedtime) so that makes it easier! I'm just starving ALLLLL the time nursing two.
I'm always hungry too
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote