Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #201
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC while BFing GRADS & Greats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans View Post
lol I can imagine. And it is SO hard to pick them out at BMT grad!!
My MIL and I were standing there holding hands going "I have NO idea which one he is, so lets just stand here and make lots of noise and he'll find US. They all look EXACTLY alike!!!"

They all had hair so short you couldn't tell the color and were wearing t he same thing. And my hubby's body type changed a LOT in boot camp (his shoulders got about 9 inches wider or something and his waist went from a 32 to a 28. He weighed the same but ALL of that weight was in different places. He's had washboard abs for 8.5 years now!!!).

I'm not complaining because I've enjoyed the changes, but the ONLY thing that looked the same when he finally found us at the graduation was his height. Even his face was leaner. NO WAY we were gonna spot him.

Although, the day before at the awards ceremony and drill performance, etc I could pick him out EASILY in his Charlies (green and tan dress uniform) by his posture and his big adam's apple and big ears But in cammies those things weren't as obvious because the collar was higher, the clothing more loose, and the cover/hat bigger to cover more of his head. So I was SOOO screwed!

Advertisement

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #202
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Oh, also ladies!!! BIG NEWS!!!

I'M OFFICIALLY MARRIED TO A STAFF SERGEANT!!!
I got to pin hubby's new rank to his collar today. It was pretty freaking awesome! He was a Sgt for 4 years, so its about time
congrats! I dont know what a staff sergeant is, dh is Navy and thats all I know, but picking up rank is always good. My Dh seems to do it right around the time we have a baby, but isn't up for advancement yet again till this fall, so its doubtful it will happen again.

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #203
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my MIL (who I do not get along with too well) video taped the wrong guy the whole ceremony when DH graduated.

My DH went to BUDS, so when I moved to California I really didn't recognize him. In the 2 months since I had seen him he got tan, and really muscular and his hair got really blonde. He was like a different guy, haha.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #204
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am SUPER EXCITED to finally join you guys over here!! I can't wait for my 1st appt.

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #205
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Mommy View Post
congrats! I dont know what a staff sergeant is, dh is Navy and thats all I know, but picking up rank is always good. My Dh seems to do it right around the time we have a baby, but isn't up for advancement yet again till this fall, so its doubtful it will happen again.
Basically he went from E5-E6. Thats all.

And my hubby REALLY wants to go to BUDS training. He wanted to be a SEAL and decided he wanted to be with his family more than he wanted to be a SEAL. Even just being a Marine is a lot of time away (especially from his brothers and parents and such).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferaj072806 View Post
I am SUPER EXCITED to finally join you guys over here!! I can't wait for my 1st appt.

YAY!!! Congrats! I'm STILL waiting on my appointment.

1 day and 22 hours til my appointment
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #206
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband got hurt pretty bad during hell week, and we've since had 2 kids and #3 on the way, he'll never go back. He actually works at the clinic in medical where the guys going through BUDS are at. Its really opened his eyes working with the SEALS, and he now knows being away for years at a time just isnt for him (thankfully!). I wasnt thrilled when he wanted to join the military and become a SEAL, but I wasnt going to stand in his way. So it all worked out for us, but he got these orders and has found other ways now to further his career with the Navy, and work with special forces, but be home more.

Yay Jenn!!! When is your dd?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #207
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
My husband got hurt pretty bad during hell week, and we've since had 2 kids and #3 on the way, he'll never go back. He actually works at the clinic in medical where the guys going through BUDS are at. Its really opened his eyes working with the SEALS, and he now knows being away for years at a time just isnt for him (thankfully!). I wasnt thrilled when he wanted to join the military and become a SEAL, but I wasnt going to stand in his way. So it all worked out for us, but he got these orders and has found other ways now to further his career with the Navy, and work with special forces, but be home more.

Yay Jenn!!! When is your dd?
Yeah, we were dating when my hubby was doing his training and he asked me my opinion and I said "I'll do whatever YOU want to do, but just take everything into consideration. You'll be away months and months at a time and it might be hard for you to be away from your family so much and to be away from OUR family once we're married and have little ones. Deployment is one thing---you're home for months after. It doesn't look like it works like that in SEALS" and he took some time to think about it and then called me and said he still wanted to do the training because he KNOWS he can make it through, but he doesn't want to be a Seal anymore. I secretly did a happy dance

Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #208
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Leaving for my ultrasound in less than 3 hours!!!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #209
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
my MIL (who I do not get along with too well) video taped the wrong guy the whole ceremony when DH graduated.

My DH went to BUDS, so when I moved to California I really didn't recognize him. In the 2 months since I had seen him he got tan, and really muscular and his hair got really blonde. He was like a different guy, haha.
Oh no! What a bummer!! We had to delete a few pictures where we were just randomly snapping them, hoping to get a glimpse of my DH. When we got back home and could squint over the pictures, we realized some of them were random people and DH wasn't in them at all, so DELETE. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Leaving for my ultrasound in less than 3 hours!!!
Yay!!

I posted a pic to FB today, announcing not only the gender of our baby, but also that I'm pregnant. lol Yeah, I'm 21 weeks and had never said on FB that I'm pregnant. After losing Finley, I just didn't feel like the whole FB world knowing this time until I felt more comfortable.
Here's the picture I posted. I posted it on my wall, and also made it my profile picture.
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #210
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Michelle -
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote