Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #81
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC while BFing GRADS & Greats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I AM still nursing. I am trying to stop but its soo hard when i know thats what he wants most. Although its starting to hurt a lot and my boobs are getting more tender

and the cramping is related to needing to pee...i cramp when my bladder is full---and its gradually changing---now its more like round-ligament pains I think.
sorry about the pains. I remember the bathroom stops too. So frequent. I still can't wean my ds either. I think it is the eyes. I can't look into his eyes and say no. I need him to stop asking.

Advertisement

Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #82
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally's Red Meadow View Post
sorry about the pains. I remember the bathroom stops too. So frequent. I still can't wean my ds either. I think it is the eyes. I can't look into his eyes and say no. I need him to stop asking.
Wouldn't that just be perfect?
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #83
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Wouldn't that just be perfect?
it would be perfect.

Here is my mom's approach to how I should wean him ~
Whenever he asks for I should give it to him but make him do something for me first. She said I could get him to pick up his toys first then nurse. Then I could have him pick up his clothes then nurse. the list goes on and on but basically every time he asks I should make him work for it first.
It sounds good but a little weird too like a bribe.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #84
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
it would be perfect.

Whenever he asks for I should give it to him but make him do something for me first. She said I could get him to pick up his toys first then nurse. Then I could have him pick up his clothes then nurse. the list goes on and on but basically every time he asks I should make him work for it first.

my son is 19 months...I don't think he's quite at the age for reasoning yet.
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #85
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
it would be perfect.

my son is 19 months...I don't think he's quite at the age for reasoning things like that out yet.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #86
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually offer water first, or food, or something else. Basically DS only nurses now when it's painfully obvious he needs the comfort. I do give him a hug first and sometimes that's enough, sometimes he also wants to nurse, and I'm ok with that. I can deal with the night weaning, the weaning when he's just popping on for a half second, but heck no I can not say no when he's in tears and signing 'milk' over and over again. I can deal with the nipple pain then.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #87
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

my son always gets food 4 meals a day (breakfast, pre-nap, post-nap, dinner) and sometimes another snack before dinner depending on what time we're having dinner exactly due to hubby's work schedule. He has sippy cups of water all day long and drinks from my cups all the time too (he won't drink milk, so I give him yogurt with meals). He drinks juice with his snacks and definitely does NOT want to nurse because he's hungry.

but he'd nurse 24/7 if I let him.

As it is he doesn't need to nurse at all and my milk is almost completely gone (i can express a few drops but I know he's not getting more than an oz or so when he nurses)---so nursing is painful because I'm empty and he's sucking harder trying to get some out when its not there to get.

But if he's crying and climbing me saying "boob. boob. boob" I just can't bear to say no. Although I do try to get him to snuggle me and give me kisses instead or tickle him to distract him and try a bunch of other things first...but sometimes thats ALL he wants.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #88
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

The pain gets more manageable near the beginning of the third trimester. In fact the nursing really helped me in the third trimester because that is when my milk came back and without my ds nursing I would have been very uncomfortable like the first time I was pg. So if you can manage to get through all the pain now it does get better. And if your child keeps nursing it will help bring in the milk after the baby comes. However there will be one more person who wants to nurse after the baby comes too. It is nothing like having twins since the older child most likely will not nurse as often as the baby.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #89
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Well I wanted to wean him between 18 and 24 months anyway and he's 19 months now and this baby will come when he's 27 months, so I will be weaning him fully at some point this pregnancy. So, I'm just going to gradually make these comfort nursing sessions less common as we go.

Plus, I only have one working breast (the other one dried up when DS was 4 months because I have a SEVERELY inverted nipple and he couldn't drain the boob so my supply gradually went down) so I don't know if I can nurse 2 with only 1 working boob (theres no way of knowing if the next baby will do better on the other nipple, but I'm going to figure on it not happening and then be thrilled if it does :/

Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #90
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Yeah 2 at a time is not all its hyped up to be. There are days where it solves all kinds of problems but then the majority of days I really wish Ds would self wean because feeding dd is all I can do before I'm out of milk and dry sucking just does not feel good.