Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
help help

i delivered my son tonight via csection and unlike when i had my daughter also a csection. He has no interest in bfing. Im a lil freaked iv e been doing skin to skin an expressing some out but he's just like whatever no interest. What should I do?

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
TheQuirkyCat
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: help help

Congratulations on the new LO! He may just be sleepy from the ordeal, but keep offering and try to keep him awake. I've always had trouble keeping my babies interested for the first few hours/days because they just want to sleep. Some tricks are tickling them under the chin, taking off a few layers of swaddle so they're not too warm and snuggly (and drift off into dreamland).

Talk to the nurses and ask for a lactation consultant to come by if you're still having trouble. They will know where to guide you.
TheQuirkyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks one time he was wide awake just staring at me.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
mor
Registered Users

Don't give up
mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does your hospital have a lactation cunsultant, I would call her up. Remember he isn't real hungry right away and if you misses the first hour because of the c-section then babies sleep awhile...I would call for help. I know you want to get off to the good start.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I too had a c-section and while in the hospital DS didn't seem so interested in nursing,however keep offering. I would call the nurse in every 2-3 hours for her to help me and he wouldn't nurse every time, but he would some of the time. By the time we got home he had gotten the hang of things ant that initial worry was gone. Just hang in there and don't be afraid to ask the nurses for help!
Ainmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #7
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He finally took and doesn't want off at all lol. He's been on more than not for an hour
If I take him off he goes looking or right for his hands. Now we just have to work on latch which right now isn't very good.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
mor
Registered Users

way to go momma!! if it's what you want you can make it work. I found that I did almost everything wrong -- at least according to the "rules" We almost never do both sides in one sitting (sometimes you can really tell to look at me ) He used to fall asleep after just minutes so I would keep going back to the same side until he had really nursed well. Sometimes we stop and start 3 times over about a 45 min. period. I always counted the 20 minutes or so he slept as more of a break than really being done.
mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't let him be a lazy latcher, if you have to pop him off 4-5 times per eatting session, it will be worth it in the long run

So glad he is eating for you