Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just wondering if other parents go through this.

Well DH and I want to add to our family of 3. We have almost three year old triplets and would really love two more to make our family complete. This is my question: Do you find that one day you are so ready for another addition and then one day you say "oh no we are not ready". We go back and forth with this all the time. This week we are so looking forward to getting pregnant again but next week I worry that I will change my mind.

Any thoughts? I just wonder if other parents just know they are ready and dont debate the issue in their heads at all.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Just wondering if other parents go through this.

When we were TTC the second time (took awhile) I kept thinking "Maybe I'm NOT ready..." Maybe that's what took us so long, LOL. I guess I looked at it as "Would I be happy if I got pg, even if I'm not sure now" - the answer was always YES, so that's what helped me decide if we should keep TTC, KWIM?
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh and I were the same way after our twins were born. But then fate stepped in......

Its perfectly normal!!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do feel like I would be happy about the new addition I just dont know if I would be able to balance with a new kiddo. I guess I am excited at the prospect and scared at the same time.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We debate this all the time! Right now it's not even an issue- we don't be having another one for a long time. But we are pretty sure we want more someday. We're not sure if we want to adopt first or try for another bio child. Still, though, somedays I am sooooo done with children
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #6
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We feel the same way. I know we are not ready now because my youngest is still soo new 2 months old but when we think of the future we feel the same.
kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
inspiredbyfinn
Registered Users
Formerly: korourke
seller

I think what you are experiencing is perfectly natural!
inspiredbyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have to add that you are at the stage of kiddo I love the most (I am there with my youngest).....but there are challenges up ahead. 4's are harder than 2's imo. Its easy to want more when they are cute and cuddly...but then they start to talk back.

Also there are a lot of great things you are just beginning to be able to do with your kiddos.....I feel like I have been on hold for awhile and can't wait for this summer.

On the other hand....there is always more love to go around. As a mom of multiples....you got the bang of 3 with only one pregnancy and probably not the best pregnancy. I have to say by having another I got to enjoy being pregnant and I really got to experiance her babyhood (I feel like the twins babyhood was too rushed and is a blur in my brain).
Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is exactly how I feel. With the triplets I sumwhat enjoyed my pregnancy but was very restricted. I didnt get to birth my kiddos and it wasnt even an option for me . I dont remember their birth. I was pumped full of meds. I really cant remember the first year of their life. It is definatly a blur. I long for the experience of holding my singlton baby. Of birthing him or her naturally of breastfeeding him or her. I want to give my son some brothers (if God allows me to have boys). I always wanted a full house. I still do sometimes, most of the time, but on the bad days I am thinking NO WAY lol.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

you brave with triplets GUULP!!! hahahaahahhahaa
alhtough we only having one , i too would love to have more , but it wont happen. its ok , i just remember that david is my lil miracle (had ttc issues)
did you do fertility tx to get pg??? sorry im being nosy dont have to answer if you dont wanna.
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote