Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
Daffodil Dolls
Registered Users
Formerly: GiftsfromGod
seller

My Mood:
deal is expired now

I wanted to pass this along great family membership deal. It is a deal for a botanical garden that is local to me DesMoines, IA but it offers reciprocal membership at over 200 other gardens and arboretums in the U.S. Here is a list of the reciprocal locations

And here is the link to the groupon listing $25 Family Membership to Botanical Garden

Just wanted to pass it along for anyone who would be able to use it at their local garden or arboretums because it is a great deal. I love going to our botanical garden in the middle of winter with the kids.

Advertisement

Last edited by Daffodil Dolls; 03-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Daffodil Dolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Re: $25 Family membership to 200+ Gardens & Arboretums

thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and bought one (I had referral credits so it was free ), but then realized you had to turn in the groupon to activate your membership-which I obviously can't do since I'm in MI I sent an email asking if I could just mail/fax my groupon in and still get the membership-keeping my fingers crossed!

I was already planning on getting a membership at my gardens for $75, so this possibly saved me all that money-thanks OP!
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
aprilkek
Registered Users
seller
seller

It works here, but I just renewed my membership in Dec. Oh well, I guess it is good to support your local gardens and I love going to them, so worth the $80 it cost us.

ZULILY! Join Swagbucks and Earn Free Money! Plum District The Mini Social Gilt Group One Kings Lane
aprilkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Daffodil Dolls
Registered Users
Formerly: GiftsfromGod
seller

My Mood:

They have a link to the membership application on the Des Moines Botanical garden website that can be mailed in. You should just be able to print that off with the groupon coupon and get it done through the mail.

I agree that it is great to support local businesses but I know that it is not financially possible so thought I'd pass along this deal for those people.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
aprilkek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I totally think it is great to buy through a deal site! I hope you didn't think I was saying otherwise. Unfortunately, I already paid full price for our membership, so I feel better knowing that the money will at least be used to help keep the gardens open! If this deal is the way to allow your family access to botanical gardens then that is awesome!

ZULILY! Join Swagbucks and Earn Free Money! Plum District The Mini Social Gilt Group One Kings Lane
aprilkek is offline   Reply With Quote