Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Jen.Young
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Twins!!!

Anyone have any words of wisdom for me? I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 8 week old twin girls, Hannah and Leah. Some days it feels like its all I do all day. I think perhaps I just need some words of encouragement to help me along. Please help me over the hump.

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Twins!!!

No words of wisdom because this is my first LO, my DD, and I feel like I nurse her all day... and she's only *one*! But it is WORTH it! I know when I am in tons of pain and I can't get anything done because I am constantly nursing..... I just think about how much I am giving to my LO and what an amazing thing it is to be able to provide nourishment for her! mama and I hope it gets better soon!
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
sallyjean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! It does get better, you're almost there!

Are you feeding them together? I didn't always in the begining but as much as possible I did try to keep them on the same feeding "schedule". Do you have a twin nursing pillow? I use the EZ 2 Nurse one and I LOVE it and still use it at every feeding at almost a year. When they were tiny I didn't like it as much and just used pillows to support them (one cradle and one football) but then they got bigger and started kicking each other in the head so I switched to the EZ full-time.

One thing that helped was doing breast compressions to keep them awake toward the end of a feeding and to really tank them up so I got a bit of a break between feedings.

http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Breast-compression.asp

You're doing a fantastic job and it will really pay off for you! Think of all the time you're saving cleaning and sterilizing bottles! And the money too! It would be about $200 a month to FF twins. IMO if at all possible take some of that "saved" money and get a housekeeper a couple times a month.

Good luck! You can do this!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have twins but I agree when you can feed them at the same time that should help. Also know that all of us, singles or mulipules at this time, feel like that is all we are doing, babies just eat all the time!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
dr_comer
Registered Users

Your doing great! Congrats! I only have one but like pp said that's what you feel like at this age. I remember asking my mom when my sone was this age: "will he ever get faster?" my son took 30-45 minutes to eat and when they're eating every 2-3 hours you don't have much time to do anything else. That would be great if you could afford a housekeeper. Even if it was every other week to vacuum/dust. Good luck, it gets better as they get older!
dr_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with my ONE daughter i felt like i was bursing her all the time...i can only imagine how you feel...but it is a blessing that you are able to nurse them, so good job mama!!!
but it does get better...their bellies will get bigger and they wont need to eat as often and wen they get biggerthey will be eating regular food and you will nurse less and less... till you dont nurse at all (i miss it!)
great job though!!!
Earthy Momma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 sets of twins. My older set is just over 3 and my younger set is 9 months. I have nursed them both. I totally second the EZ 2 Nurse Twin Nursing Pillow. Nursing the babies at the same time takes practice, but it really does help a lot. Nursing twins in the early weeks is literally constant. The demand of it is intense. Try not to worry about everything else. Things will change and get easier and better. For now, just worry about getting that nursing relationship established. It won't be long at all before they get faster and more efficient and aren't nursing long. Keep up the great work! You are doing wonderfully! Good job, Mom!!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
Jen.Young
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas!!
I really needed that. Somedays are harder than others but it is getting better. I got the EZ 2 Nurse Twin Pillow and it's fantastic!!!!
Thank you so much!!