Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A question on miscarriage Update in post #17

I'm sorry, not sure where to post this! I believe I miscarried one week ago. I didn't go into the office just called my midwife (no insurance right now) and she told me to do a hpt at one week and if it was still postitive to take one every 2 days until 2 weeks. If its still positive I need to come in and get checked out. I did bleed heavy and pass a large mass that looked just like the description of a 7.5 week pregnancy. I'm really pretty certain I did miscarry. Anyway, one week later and I did still get a positive hpt but whats bothering me is that I am still having morning/all day sickness. When will this stop? It still comes in waves. Is that possible? I am sick in the morning after breakfast then it slowly gets better and then hits me at 6pm just like it has been for a month. Anyone know if this is normal? When will the hpt turn up negative? I need some closure!

Advertisement

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy

Last edited by Micheliala; 01-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A question on miscarriage

Mama, I don't have any answers, but I couldn't leave without giving you a :hug: for your loss.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if a mc is what you went through i'm terribly sorry. i had two last year. for my i still had tender breast and nausea for about 3 weeks before it started to fade. i did however get a -hpt by the 2nd week after the bleeding had stopped which is when the symptoms got a little less. my doctor wasnt worried even though the symptoms were still there for so long i would just make sure if you don get a -hpt you go in and have yourself checked out. better safe than sorry even with lack of insurance! wish you the best!
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
NCFlanagan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry, mama. I've been there, done that.

It is possible that you were carrying twins, and only passed one. If your symptoms don't go away soon, I recommend getting seen by your doc/midwife as soon as possible.
NCFlanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjess View Post
if a mc is what you went through i'm terribly sorry. i had two last year. for my i still had tender breast and nausea for about 3 weeks before it started to fade. i did however get a -hpt by the 2nd week after the bleeding had stopped which is when the symptoms got a little less. my doctor wasnt worried even though the symptoms were still there for so long i would just make sure if you don get a -hpt you go in and have yourself checked out. better safe than sorry even with lack of insurance! wish you the best!
How far along were you? I should have been 7 weeks and a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFlanagan View Post
I'm so sorry, mama. I've been there, done that.

It is possible that you were carrying twins, and only passed one. If your symptoms don't go away soon, I recommend getting seen by your doc/midwife as soon as possible.
This thought did go through my mind.... I just don't want to get my hopes up till I get through another week...

Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a good friend who was pregnant and this happened to her. She thought for sure she'd lost the pregnancy and went to the dr to find out she was still carrying twins. They say it was either a triplet or sub-chorionic blood clot that had let go. And another friend passed large clots for a few hours while pregnant with her DS2, thought she had a m/c, but had an u/s a few days later and still managed to carry him to term. It's actually quite common for women to conceive twins and one passes. Sometimes they absorb into the enviornment and sometimes they pass. Also, in rare cases it could be a molar pregnancy and it's actually very dangerous and acts as a pseudo pregnancy.
Good luck, see if you can get on some type of emergency or pregnancy related medicaid and get seen. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get some answers soon.

Last edited by TwinKristi; 01-09-2011 at 09:15 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmmm, maybe I should just go on in and make some kind of payment arrangements or something. Or at least see about medicaid. That will take some time to go through too. The uncertainty is the hardest part.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely should get seen! You can do a payment plan if needed, but your health is too important

*hugs* I hope you get answers soon!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheliala View Post
hmmm, maybe I should just go on in and make some kind of payment arrangements or something. Or at least see about medicaid. That will take some time to go through too. The uncertainty is the hardest part.
I believe Medicaid can go retroactive if you're seeing someone who accepts it, so you may get coverage earlier than you think. Emergency coverage is effective as of the date of service. The hospital was just explaining this to me recently. You get 90 days of emergency coverage I believe.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
angelnalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheliala View Post
I don't know what state your in but here if you go to a nurse/doctor (or a pregnancy center with a nurse on hand) and get a positive pregnancy test. Have them fill out a form that you are pregnant you can take it to the health department and get a form that you are medicaid approved as of that day. And actually I think it is retroactive up to 30 days but not sure about that part. So I would call any and all pregnancy centers in your area in the morning and ask them.