Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lightbulb who here was bullied as a kid and who here was a bully?

Just wanted to see what everyone has to say on this one. How does it (if at all) affect you today?

To start it off, I was called miss. piggy cause my nose.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
mistyakers2007
Registered Users

Re: who here was bullied as a kid and who here was a bully?

Severly bullied and yes it affects me to this day. It caused me to develop a severe case of social anxiety disorder which Im still in therapy till this day and take meds for I cry sometimes when I think about it (yes it was that bad) It was the most helpless feeling in the world. I never want to have that feeling again, it's so awful.

And you are gorgeous btw!
mistyakers2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

I was teased in grade school for having hairy arms

Then when I was 14, I was teased for a few years as a result of the fact that my teacher raped me... kids called me his last name. Kids are indeed cruel.

It doesn't really affect me today that they teased me - I'm more proud of myself that I handled it well and "showed" them that I was better than them by not letting them get to me too much......
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks hun!! I know the feeling momma, I HATE going into public because it went on for so long. I would rather just stay home. This has a lot to do with why I didn't learn much in school and I am keeping Cayden home for school. Thanks so much for sharing. It's noice to know I'm not alone.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I was kind of both. I was fine unil 7th grade, the first year of Jr. high yet the last year in that district. All of a sudden my "friends" were teasing me because I was flat chested and other very stupid reasons. I moved and that summer my boobs popped out and everything changed. I became the "biotch" in school. Snotty, cheerleader type that knew I could get away with whatever I wanted. I lived in a big house in the new subdivision so I hung with "those" kids. I didn't bully anyone that wasn't already being a bully themselves, kind of just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Hasn't affected me in life. Maybe if I had been mean to someone who didn't deserve it things would be different. Overall my jr higha nd high school memories are awesome but I have learned that snotty is just plain annoying and not cute at all.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

I was teased in elementary school than in middle school i wasnt teased, i was just kind of ignored, I minded my own and than I hit highschool and became that quiet girl with a few older friends that if I was teased I would snap and just start swinging....needless to say I think that teasing in elementary school taught me to not be friends with people in school and than it later in high school caused me to lash out when someone said something wrong...I learned far to late that maybe I just needed to mind my own and ignore everyone in school and have my friends outside and its been working since
Old 03-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both, I got picked on by a gang of girls so I picked on the dorky fat boy in class. I have apologized to him last year when I found his myspace page.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
LoveSunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was unfortunately the bully when I was very young... and just to boys. I was quite bossy. Then, when I hit puberty, I got a very curvaceous figure and all the boys made fun of my hips and large bum... so I definitely got what I gave back, and then some!

LoveSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was both...

I developed pretty early, so I was teased for that a lot. But later on in high school, I flaunted what I had... Then everyone wanted boobs like mine! LOL

I guess I wasn't a bully persee but I was very cliquish and could easily put someone in their place if they weren't one of my friends. I wasn't a cheerleader but I was friends with them, so I kind of fit in with that group.

I also had lots of older friends... Then I became promicuous and got teased a lot for that until I started dating DH when I was 16... He was pretty popular even though he had graduated, so no one messed with me b/c I had all the "cool" older friends with me.. LOL

It hasn't affected me though. I am still kind of shy but that is my personality.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #10
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=mommytaylor;832232]

Then when I was 14, I was teased for a few years as a result of the fact that my teacher raped me... kids called me his last name. Kids are indeed cruel.
QUOTE]

I'm so sory that happened to you!

I was 12 and it was a friend friend.