Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Re: who here was bullied as a kid and who here was a bully?

After reading Tarah's post, I wanted to add that I did find myself not being "close" friends with many people in High School... but me and my sole best friend from high school are still in close contact... she's actually petsitting my cat right now

Advertisement

mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #12
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was picked on ALL the time, and usually for no reason at all. Even by my "best" friend in middle school, she would hit me all the time but I didn't know any better and I didn't have anyone else. I don't know why she did it, I think it was so she could get attention from other kids, because we really were good friends otherwise. I was teased from elementary school to most of highschool but then I figured out how to change things and plus kids were different at that point. But even parents and teachers were mean to our family and picked on us, I wish I could find those people today and just give them a good talking to.

Yes it affects me ALOT to this day. I have lots of anxiety and depression and I know it stems from this.

I am going to do everything in my power to teach my kids NEVER!!!! to tease other children and if they are the subject of teasing or bullying I will teach them ways to deal with it and how to overcome it. I want them to be able to come to me and let me help them.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #13
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was bullied in 4th grade really bad. I wasn't raped but had a similar situation with a group of boys. It wasn't until I grew boobs that all the boys suddenly liked me
Old 03-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
supermomelisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have ALWAYS been teased. But I went to snooty Christian Schools where my family was poor, so I was singled out and teased for pretty much anything. I was told I was fat, had a big butt, was ugly, a slut, etc. etc. But I was an average size kid, have done very well for myself, and am FAR from being a slut.
Jeez, just thinking about it makes me angry. I would love to come in contact with some of those kids, now adults, and have a conversation with them...
Old 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

I was teased to the point of wanting to die from about 3-6th grade my teacher even gave me the book blubber for my 12th b-day Then the summer I was 13 it all changed, I decide that I didn't care what anyone thought. I stood up for the dork, the fat kids, the nerds ect ect the only ones who I bullied were the bullies. God help anyone who picked on the physically or mentally challenged cause I was on them like white on rice! Basically I really could have gave a monkeys arse what they thought of me I had gained self confidence so they left me alone.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #16
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Hmm....I never picked on any kids I was friends with everyone. My brother was extrememly bullied and I always saw the heart ache it caused him and he and I were/are best friends and he was the coolest person I knew so I never understood why he got so bullied?? But once I hit Junior HIgh my life turned up side down.....I was teased about being fat, so I lost 30 ppounds and got super skinny but they always found something to belittle me about and in fact it was the girls who were suppoe to be my best friends woudl make fun of my clothes even though I got best dressed, would intentionally do things like get together to all rent a limo for the school dance then after waiting for hours to find out they intemtioanlly never picked me up and thought that was so funny... or the time we were all suppose to do teh talent show together because at our school the talent show was teh coolest thing to do and at the last minute they "decided" I wasnt cool enough to do it with them, so I went up on stage by myself and danced to these boot are made for walking by nanacy sinatra and won first place...once high school hit all those girls went to a different high school and I followede to the same H.S. as my Brother so we could be together...well needless to say by then he had found his spot and was one of the "cooler" kids...I laughed all the way to evry date and dance those girls wanted to go with the older boys but they all wanted to go with me becasue I was my brother hot younger sister and I never even did anything with them if they were lucky they got to hold my hand ..LOL...In fact that is who I married, one of my brothers cute friends

And in the end all those superficial girls dissappeared and all the bullies did too and to this day my brother and I are still best friends and I wouldnt trade him for the world!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #17
Sanche
Registered Users
seller

I was teased, and I NEVER teased the other kids. In fact, part of the reason I was teased was because I was the one who would be friends with the kids everyone else was mean to.

Ebay Feedback

Will you wear a gold ribbon for childhood cancer?
Sanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
A'smommy
Registered Users

I was bullied. Mostly because I was a little overweight, but also because I had a chest when most of the other girls didn't yet.

I went back to my HS reunion last summer and saw one of the guys that was so unkind to me. He didn't speak to me, but I had a nice conversation with his wife (who obviously had no clue about the history there!)

I was kinda freaked out before the event, but it felt good to go in there KNOWING I looked good and that they were in the wrong.

If you ever get the chance to face down your bullies I highly recommend it.

ETA: I LOVE Miss Piggy! She's my hero!

Last edited by A'smommy; 03-15-2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: ETA
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #19
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

this is all so scary i dont think we had that problem growin up. our class was really small (less than 50), there was ONE KID i remember in HS (granted this is almost 20yrs ago :giggle) that got teased (but nothing as horrible as you girls mention for sure )cuz he looked like a monkey, but some girls were the meanies. i didnt associated with them. i wasnt teased but i wasnt popular (got picked last for sports, that such a thing).
one of the many reasons i want to HS david he has severe speech delays and it kills me that they will bug him for that and he looks likea 2yr old instead of a 4yr old
im amazed how mean kids were.
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #20
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I was teased a lot in school. I still don't talk about it. I am and always have been very tall, and my family never had a lot of money, plus I wore a retainer for a while, glasses forever, and was pretty smart. What WASN'T up for grabs? LOL. I hated most of elementary school and a lot of high school, even though I did have a lot of good friends. College was awesome for me because I was away from that environment.

I don't think I was ever the bully. I was too much of a softie, and I knew how much it hurt.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote