Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
cdrew13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: disappointed that coworker stopped breastfeeding before returning to work

Wow - that's great what your company does that for moms, now if every company did that-

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
pennykandy
Registered Users
seller

I had a similar situation at work except this woman was due before me. I was hoping that she'd get the whole pumping at work thing figured out so she could help me when I go back....but she quit BFing before coming back.....now I have to figure it out on my own LOL. Luckily I work for a hospital and they have 2 pump rooms with 2 medela (symphony I think) pumps....and they provide us with a pump kit for the pumps. So that will make it easier.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennykandy View Post
I had a similar situation at work except this woman was due before me. I was hoping that she'd get the whole pumping at work thing figured out so she could help me when I go back....but she quit BFing before coming back.....now I have to figure it out on my own LOL. Luckily I work for a hospital and they have 2 pump rooms with 2 medela (symphony I think) pumps....and they provide us with a pump kit for the pumps. So that will make it easier.
If you need any tips there are a lot of posts on here and you can also go to workandpump.com and kellymom.com
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
Smalls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good for you for offering her some advice. You did what you could. I know it's nice to have a pumping buddy too. I'm the only one who pumps at work currently--it's almost kinda nice though since we only have one room and I'm not fighting with anyone for it.

I made it my mini-duty to get our pump room cleaned up and in better order for any future mamas that may not be as "bold" as me to say something. A department was using the pumping room as their own personal break/conference/storage room. I finally went to HR and within 24 hours, the storage stuff was cleaned out, refridgerator was cleaned out, a sign was on the door and was locked from the outside!!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmusic View Post
Try not to let it show to her since there is nothing you can do about it and you don't want things to be awkward. But that is disappointing.

Your company, however, is AWESOME.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know kind of how you feel... There were 7 of us pregnant at my work at the same time. Only 2 of us are pumping, and at least 3 didn't nurse at all. The other woman I think really dislikes breatfeeding, she won't even say the word. She calls it "mama baby feeding." I think she will pump until 6 mos and then wean like with her previous child. My son is 3 mos older than hers, but I bet I'll be pumping well after she quits.

I feel kind of sad about it, but it's not my baby or my choice.

I actually like pumping. I like knowing I'm giving my baby awesome food. I like that I get longer breaks to do it. It's very satisfying to me. I'm proud to carry my enormous pump bag to and from work.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula

Last edited by melilo; 01-13-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
pennykandy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacasey1981 View Post
If you need any tips there are a lot of posts on here and you can also go to workandpump.com and kellymom.com
Thanks! I have another 7 weeks before I go back, so I plan to hopefully do some research before then. But what I was really hoping was that she'd figure out 'the system' at work, for reserving the room, or rooms in our department we could use etc.