Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
TempeMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need a good OB in Arizona please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendic View Post
I had a MW that delivered at Mercy Gilbert. I LOVED her so much! Even my mom who was not in the idea for a MW could not stop talking about her. Also I did a group setting where you go as a group for 2 hours instead of appointments which I loved since it was my first baby. Anyways there was a girl in there that had a VBAC naturally!
Also the office won't induce until 2 weeks AFTER your due date. That was a relief to me! And the MW lets you do anything. If you want an epidural go for it if you don't she's game. Also the doctor over her is Dr Kells. He is top 100 doc in Phoenix I believe and will do anything to keep you from having a C section or so I am told by the many storied told in our group. It was really assuring to me.

I seriously can not talk enough about Ramona and the experience I had!!!!

GL mamma!

Ohmygosh, I LOVE this practice. Ramona is incredible, we saw her during a bunch of our visits. Tiffany ended up delivering (also at Mercy Gilbert) and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. I can't wait to go back for our next baby

Advertisement

TempeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsalope View Post
Hi,
I would like to find a good doctor for when I have my next child. I love to do things with a more "natural" approach and would like to find a doctor that is right for me. I would like to have a VBAC and not be forced to be induced or use pitocin to speed up labor. If anyone has any good recommendations please let me know. I live in the East Valley.
Thank you!
i'm super late to this party, but i have a consult tomorrow with a midwife at bethany women's center (formerly bethany birth center). she's come very highly recommended, her name is lynette casey. from what i understand they're very supportive of vbac's (there's actually a monthly class on them at their office). they deliver at phoenix baptist, which is very supportive of natural birth (and they have jetted labor tubs in each room ). i toured on thursday and really liked it. they also have midwives on staff there as well. i'll update and let you know how it goes!

Last edited by b15chik; 06-12-2011 at 10:36 PM.
b15chik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #13
an_aurora
Registered Users

Lynette delivered my oldest at Phoenix Baptist!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
honeygirl
Registered Users
seller

I've had a few friends work with Lynette. One even named her daughter after her b/c she had such a great experience.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #15
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
Lynette delivered my oldest at Phoenix Baptist!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
oh awesome! if you could reply to my thread a few below this one i would love to hear your story!!

i keep hearing good things about this woman, i'm so glad!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #16
scorpioscuba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
You could try the Center for True Harmony and Wellness, they are very natural and I think have just one OB. Though I have no personal experience, I used a HB MW
I have 2 friends who have used and LOVED Dr. Brass. Dr. Brass and my OB are great friends and my OB delivered her babies. Dr. Brass is very pro natural birth and I'm pretty sure she'll do VBAC's as well.

http://www.trueharmonywellness.com/

She is off of Country Club and Baseline.

Last edited by scorpioscuba; 06-12-2011 at 10:48 PM.
scorpioscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #17
mel maya
Registered Users
seller

cloth diapering in gilbert..i think finding the right ob is really hard
mel maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #18
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I lived in the West Valley but had NO luck finding a VBAC/natural friendly dr so I went to Good Sam's (which I did NOT like) BUT I loved my dr. Sharron Thompson. From what I know the East Valley is more "naturally" friendly-nearly everyone that I knew that CD'ed lived over there versus the West Valley!

Also-when you find a good dr, also make sure the hospital works well with them as well. I had a TERRIBLE nurse and though Good Sam's seemed to be "natural friendly" my nurse hated everything about my delivery and intentionally messed everything up.

Good Luck and I hope you find an awesome dr! I have heard wonderful things about the hospitals further East. I also had a great doula. (Rose Day) and say hello to AZ for me-I miss it there!
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
mel maya
Registered Users
seller

ugh, i am sorry to hear thet your nurse messed everythng up, that is terrible . my deliveries weren't anything like i hoped, but the second time around at least i knew how to pick my fights...
mel maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #20
pkhotshot
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know I'm late to this post, but wanted to add to it!

I see Dr. Linnerson out of Contemporary Care for Women, the Tempe office at McClintock and Guadalupe. I saw/interviewed him for the first time fully-clothed in his office, which was great! I had to be induced at 41 1/2 weeks, but he knew we wanted to avoid Pitocin and epidural. He did prostaglandin (a topical to help ripen my cervix) for 14 hrs, then broke my water. He gave me time to progress and said that as long as I was progressing well, he would not give me Pit. We were able to have a natural birth! I delivered at Banner Desert and the nurses there were absolutely fantastic and supportive; nobody ever even suggested an epidural!

As for VBACs, because Contemporary Care for Women has 24/7 on call docs at Banner Desert, they will do them. One of our nurses had a successful one with one of the other docs there.
pkhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote