Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

please tell me about stuff I can take to make a sticky bean

alright...so this is what Samantha (my herbalist) says I should do, and a description from the sheets she gave me:

Green Tea
A 2006 double blind, placebo-controlled study carried out by Stanford University of Medicine found that mixing Green Tea extract with Chaste Tree and other vitamins and minerals normalized menstrual cycles in women, and resulted in 26% of the women becoming pregnant (compared to just 10% in the placebo group) making it a 260% increase in fertility!

Another 2004 study which contained Green Tea and Chaste Tree extracts resulted in 33% of the women becoming pregnant (and none of the women in the placebo group managed to conceive.)

The Epigallocatechin Gallate in the Green Tea extract was reported in the Food Chemical Toxicology Journal to assist fetal development, as it protected the fetus from toxicity.

Dong Quai
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Hong Kong reported use of Dong Quai to help infertile women to conceive.

Dong Quai is used in Chinese Medicine for at least 2000 years to treat female reproductive problems including infertility, frequent miscarriage, ovarian function disorders, uterine cramping, fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, PMT, painful periods, heavy periods and a lack of periods.

Dong Quai is rich in plant estrogens (phytoestrogens) which help to bring the body back into hormonal balance. It is also a good source of Vitamin B12, folic acid, choline, and iron.

She also said I should keep up with the grapefruit juice, but has never heard of carrots helping cm. So....I shall start this today until O. She said that dong quai can cause uterine contractions so not to use it past o. I hope it will help me!!!

---------------------------
I originally thought I needed progesterone but maybe progesterone isn't my problem! I have a 13 day lp, to the day usually. And my temps seem to jump up and stay up post o...
hmmmm what could my problem be??? why do I seem fine with conceiving but not maintaining? ANY THOUGHTS??? ugh. A friend suggested welcome womb...any experiences with it?

-----------------------------------
so, I've been doing tons of research on this whole chemical/early miscarriage thing today. Basically I've learned that it happens in as many as up to 60% of unknown pregnancies (but with us atts'ers, we test so early that we know). I guess a pregnancy isn't considered "known" until it's clinically proven on ultrasound (5-6 weeks).

I've also read that there are several reasons why it can happen...chromosonal issues (I hope my eggs aren't damaged, in any case even if they are there's nothing I can do about that!), abnormal endometrial lining, uterine abnormalities (ie fibroids, which I HAVE had in the past...not sure if they ever go away?), or an infection (which I don't have) and Low progesterone.

So...I don't seem to have issues actually conceiving, it's the MAINTAINING...since this is the second time in 3 months this has happened, I'd like to see if I should increase my progesterone. I know B6 is one way, and also progesterone cream. Can you ladies please direct me in what I should pursue? thanks so much

Advertisement

Last edited by ma-meem; 01-13-2011 at 10:27 AM.
ma-meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: please tell me about progesterone...

I'm sorry for your loss! You should have your dr test your progesterone levels on 8 dpo. After my chemical, my doc did prescribe progesterone for the cylce after - but only bc I was traveling over the holidays and wouldn't be able to test my levels. I didn't get prego. So I am testing it this month. I don't think a dr would prescribe w/out testing. And if you truly do need the progesterone, I doubt the over the counter cream will be enough.

I hope you get this figured out soon. Hugs!

Cindy
Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
doulagirl81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Truly sorry about you're losses I would ditto everything Vegan Princess mentioned. And have you ever considered charting? You can usually pick up low progesterone by the way your chart would look.
doulagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
ma-meem
Registered Users
seller

yes I do chart...how can I tell by my chart?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
dgrandmother
Registered Users

My Mood:

sorry for your loss - do contact a Dr and follow their guidance.
dgrandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lower temps I believe
Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good question, lurking for answers too. for your losses mama!
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
doulagirl81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Luteal phase is normally when you can tell. If you have shorter than 10 days after ovulation and if your temps err on the low side. So basically you start counting the day after ovulation up until aunt flow. If it's less then 10, it's a progesterone problem. Also, if there isn't a good temp jump after ovulation that stays up, that's also a sign of a progesterone problem. I hope I'm not repeating myself too much! Lol!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
ma-meem
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulagirl81 View Post
The Luteal phase is normally when you can tell. If you have shorter than 10 days after ovulation and if your temps err on the low side. So basically you start counting the day after ovulation up until aunt flow. If it's less then 10, it's a progesterone problem. Also, if there isn't a good temp jump after ovulation that stays up, that's also a sign of a progesterone problem. I hope I'm not repeating myself too much! Lol!
okay, maybe progesterone isn't my problem! I have a 13 day lp, to the day usually. And my temps seem to jump up and stay up post o...
hmmmm what could my problem be??? ANY THOUGHTS??? ugh.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
doulagirl81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry mama. I hope you find answers soon!