Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: please tell me about stuff I can take to make a sticky bean

Thanks mama, I'm wondering too. ALthough I suppose progesterone could be my problem...my LP is usually between 10-12 days...I don't have insurance and don't want to get tests done quite yet. I like the idea of green tea, I'll be starting that, and hoping taking my B vitmains (which I wasn't during the miscarriages) will help as well. I've never had a problem until this year. Now nothing sticks.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #22
FairyChaca
Registered Users

My Mood:

Making the bean stick would be all about your lining, I would take flax seed oil supplements only after ovulation, as well as bromelain for 5 days past O.

S[Mothering] Soulmate to Princess Oliviah born 06.01.09
FairyChaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #23
tea&oranges
Registered Users
Formerly: mainepotato
seller

My Mood:

Just subbing.. I wish I had the answers. sigh.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #24
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoMama2b View Post
well Shannon, hopefully some mamas will have some ideas for us! I'm drinking tons of green tea, and evening primrose oil until o, and grapefruit juice to increase cm. Let's hope this next cycle will be stickyyyyy
Theresa, just a little fyi, if you are drinking alot of green tea you need to up your dose of folic acid as well because the green tea diminishes the absorption of folic acid, which we all know we need during conception and early development
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #25
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2 View Post
Theresa, just a little fyi, if you are drinking alot of green tea you need to up your dose of folic acid as well because the green tea diminishes the absorption of folic acid, which we all know we need during conception and early development
yes, my herbalist told me that...she said only to have 2 cups a day and that should do the trick, but won't deplete my body of folic acid. She also said to put some lemon in it, which will help with the absorption of the antioxidants and dong quai as well. she also said, it might be a good idea to stop drinking the green tea in the leutal phase.

Last edited by ma-meem; 01-13-2011 at 02:19 PM.
ma-meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #26
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoMama2b View Post
yes, my herbalist told me that...she said only to have 2 cups a day and that should do the trick, but won't deplete my body of folic acid. She also said to put some lemon in it, which will help with the absorption of the antioxidants and dong quai as well. she also said, it might be a good idea to stop drinking the green tea in the leutal phase.
Ill def do that too. I love it and drank it heavily with my last miscarriage, dont know if it had anything to do w/it but I wont have it after O anymore, thanks!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #27
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

I hope that we have lots of luck this cycle Sherrill!!! FX
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #28
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

i don't know if this will help anyone or not but wanted to put it out there anyways just in case. my mum had 3 miscarriages due to a blood infection called mycoplasma. i don't know exactly what it is, just that i made the dr test for it after i had 3 miscarriages too and i was also positive. he didn't even really know what it was (it's not like i had any symptoms other than the miscarriages) and would never have thought to test for it except i said it was what caused my mum's miscarriages and basically made him look for it specifically. it can be passed between partners i guess so after i tested positive both dh and i went on a round of antibiotics. my next pregnancy, i took prometrium and baby aspirin just to help it stick and it did (although just being rid of the infection may have been enough). she's 4 now and i have had another baby since then. all of my mum's losses were at 14 weeks whereas mine lasted less each time (11 wks, 9.5 wks, 5.5 wks) so for us anyways it didn't present the same.
anyways, it might be worth mentioning if your dr is planning on running some tests anyways and i hope it does help someone. i'm so sorry to hear about all your losses!

Last edited by bezbabe; 01-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.
bezbabe is offline   Reply With Quote