Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

I saw the Prettiest PG mama

I saw the prettiest PG mama today in the birth center. She had her oldest with her who looks to be about 2-3 years old since he was playing nicely with my DS. She was due in 20 days and she was so skinny in all of her normal features but had a cute PG belly and only a cute PG belly.

Okay I am not trying to complain or be vain here but I want to know who else besides me gains all of their PG weight in their butt? I mean I am eating healthy and everything but I keep getting a larger butt (and thighs) as this pregnancy progresses. It happens with all of my pregnancies and it bothers me to no end. I gain weight too no matter how much I try to cut back on calories and excercise but I always gain at least 40 pounds while PG. I do not want to get depressed after I deliver due to extra weight as I know I need it to nourish the baby but I hate this. I am normally a skinny mama so this is hard on me to have to wear large pants but small tops. ETA: Before I was PG with DS I wore girls size 14 to 16 (I already had two children as well). My smallest size after I had DS was only between a size 4 to 6 which was only from this past summer.

Anyone else or am just the weirdo here?

Advertisement

Last edited by Sweetforestcat; 03-17-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Sweetforestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: I saw the Prettiest PG mama

i am so enivous of those woman, they seem to ONLY gain it in their tummys and then its gone~~genes i guess but man why cant i be that lucky!

with me i get bigger tummy, butt, and thighs...shoot i dont even get the BIG boobs LOL
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thats exactly how I was built with both of my pregnancies. I'm naturally very thin, but I only seem to gain in the tummy. I had a c-section with DS, he's almost 2 and I'm back to a size 3. I don't consider myself lucky, I always thought that mamas with more to their bodies looked prettier pregnant.
Here's me 34 weeks pregnant

And then 36 weeks pregnant, he was born 4 days after this pic was taken
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

You're not a weirdo, but my weight isn't in my butt. My hip bones spread out, how weird is that??

Holy cow, I can't believe how far along you are already!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I remember those days! All of my 29 pounds went directly to my butt and thighs. It was horrid! My legs looked like gigantic overstuffed sausages. BLUCK! I couldnt get my pants on farther than my knees. I hated buying HUGE maternity trousers but still wearing small tops...I felt like I looked like a bowling pin (shape). Meanwhile my cousin gained 40 pounds and you couldnt even tell! IT sucked.

You arent alone. The good news is that Im down to my normal size now (thank you Jesus!) but I kindof dread getting all squishy with the next pregnancy.

BLUCK!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KirstanNKolten View Post
Thats exactly how I was built with both of my pregnancies. I'm naturally very thin, but I only seem to gain in the tummy. I had a c-section with DS, he's almost 2 and I'm back to a size 3. I don't consider myself lucky, I always thought that mamas with more to their bodies looked prettier pregnant.
Here's me 34 weeks pregnant

And then 36 weeks pregnant, he was born 4 days after this pic was taken
stacy, you and best friend are the same type of build and after 3 kids she looks the same LOL
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
NaturalMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KirstanNKolten View Post
I don't consider myself lucky, I always thought that mamas with more to their bodies looked prettier pregnant.
I feel the same. I'm also very slim, and I usually have just a small bump up front. I think the full look is absolutely beautiful!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
SJwith2girls
Registered Users
seller

I'm the same. I gain everywhere....... With my first pg I gained....50 lbs, second 49.5 lbs and so far on my third I'm up to 43 lbs at 32 weeks. To put that in perspective......I'm 5'2". I'm slightly pearshaped to begin with. But at the moment I'm really pear shaped.

I was hanging out with a couple of baby group mommy friends, and one stated that I must be having another girl. The other (so nicely said) yeah your butt pregnant.

My biggest problem right now is finding pants to fit. Apparantely the current style caters to the belly pregnant form. I have 6 pairs of maternity pants in the closet that I have outgrown the thighs in. Sad thing is a couple of them are still too big in the waist so it is not like a size up would solve the problem. I so wish I could wear my comfy shorts and sundresses from my summer pregnancy.

Sarah Jane - DD 03/01 ~ DD 08/04 ~ DD 05/07
SJwith2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

both my pregnancies I gained 25 pounds and it was in my tummy, butt, thighs and love handles. the love handles were the ONLY thing to NOT go away . LOL
Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I am not a skinny mama but I don't feel I am large either ~ well proportioned and a tad chunky I guess. I gain all my weight in my middle/torso. My boobs get big, belly even bigger and that's about it (oh, my face gets chubbier but just a tad). Legs and butt are the same size. I gained 30 with #1 and #2 and #20 with #3. Since I haven't lost all of the weight from #3 I am hoping to stick witht he 15-20 pound range with #4. Personally I feel beautiful when I am preggers despite wearing an XL maternity clothes, heck what's cute than a pregnant mama in a bikini? That's what I'll be in agian this summer (just like last!).