Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:
Charlie's just came out with a hard water laundry booster!!

Just got the email! Can't find the info on their sit yet but you can order it. Here's what my email says....

Hard water is a problem. It's tough on pipes, pots and pans and especially your laundry. You know it when you have it: stiff, stained and even smelly clothes. Charlie's Soap, to a lesser degree, can also have problems with hard water. So we set about finding a solution for our customers.

Phosphates, hard water and laundry detergent.

Phosphates used to be a large part of almost all laundry detergent formulas as a really good solution to hard water/laundry issues. But, recently all laundry products have had to remove them as dictated by the some states. Charlie's Soap was one of the first to remove phosphates back in the '80s - well before the bans took effect. Our formula is unique, and has none of the chemicals that interfere with real cleaning, so for the most of us we don't need the extra boost of a phosphate. But, why the ban? I really don't know.The overuse and misuse of fertilizeris the real problem.

Phosphates are an essential building block for life and great food for algae. The problem is the runoff of ground water filled with the phosphate based fertilizer is clogging streams with fat happy algae, wreaking havoc in rivers, collecting in bays and, well you get the idea. Proper use of fertilizers is more than enough to cure the problem, but in the meantime hard water makes laundry challenging.

The best of both worlds. . . .

Charlie's Soap Laundry Booster & Hardwater Treatment!

Thankfully for those of us still plagued with hard water, the laws don't apply to stand-alone phosphate washing boosters. So we've formulated our own! It's a laundry additive that will give you all the benefits of Charlie's Soap and help fix your hardwater issues.

Charlie's Soap Laundry Booster & Hard Water Treatment uses a biodegradable phosphate that leaves no residue on your clothes while softening your wash water. The advantage of using our new Booster with Charlie's Soap is that you get best of both worlds: really clean clothes without a lot of unsafe chemicals left behind in your clothes, your washer or the environment.

When you first start using the Booster to brighten your whies and remove old stains, wash twice with a double dose of Charlie's Soap and 2 tablespoons of the Booster. After that, do your wash as you normally would with Charlie's Soap and add to 1 Tablespoon of the Booster for each dose of Soap. As with all laundry additives, you should probably test on garments that may bleed or fade.

We've posted the Laundry Booster & Hard Water Treatment on the website and you can try it today! Look below for some very special introductory offers that we've put together to celebrate our newest product.

Advertisement

Last edited by Infinity; 01-13-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo...git=got
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlie's just came out with a hard water laundry booster!!

Very neat! Thanks for posting
Old 01-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it's cheaper than White King or Calgon, I might go for it.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
If it's cheaper than White King or Calgon, I might go for it.

3-Pack Treats 240+ large wash loads (from my email I gather you might get 480 loads?) lists at $39.99 But is discounted to $29.99 and FREE SHIPPING on PRE-ORDERS to ship in 2 weeks.

A single treats 80+ large wash loads (possibly 160 if you use 1/2T??) and is $15.99 + $5 shipping.

I know I'm not getting 240+ washes out of the RLR I'm spending $50 for a 3pack/mn on so I'll be getting it!! So bummed I JUST got a shipment of both RLR and Charlie's!! I'd of added this and not gotten the RLR.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote