Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Multiple Defective Tests???

Ok, so I have every pregnancy symptom in the book...nausea, exhaustion, hormonal, food cravings, etc...PLUS I missed AF last month (just weaned DD2, so wasn't too concerned until the symptoms started), but I have now taken FOUR tests and they are all negative! 2 $ store tests, 1 Equate, and 1 CBE--all negative. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???

(Note: I am hypothyroid, but just had levels checked in the fall and all was ok. We are not TTC right now--were planning to in May or June--just wasn't sure where else to post...)

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Multiple Defective Tests???

I'd ask for a blood draw. There are plenty of stories out there of women who have pregnancies that never register on an HPT!
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't say defective tests. It's possible you're just not that far along yet. Also, there are many women who just don't get positive HPTs. I second the blood draw. Good Luck!!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
I'd ask for a blood draw. There are plenty of stories out there of women who have pregnancies that never register on an HPT!
Really??? Oh my!!

I know I never get a + before 6w. With #1 I was 9w had taken 5HPT & 2 blood draws before getting a + HPT in mid afternoon no less!

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Sounds good. I had early HPT +s with both DDs, but who knows? I wasn't nauseous with them either. Eek!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

I never get a +hpt until I'm at least a week late (no matter how many times I POAS before that, lol)...
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well not trying to be the debbie downer but for the past 6 months from the time I ovulate till I get AF I have EVERY pregnancy symptom.... I am so nauseated I vomit, I am exhausted, I breakout like a teenage girl, I am emotional and cranky..... and I have mild cramping the entire two weeks..... I honestly thought I was pregnant every month for several months until I just calmed down and realized it was my hormones regulating from the breastfeeding...... my hormones have finally started to get normal again this past month but for awhile I was getting so annoyed and took so many pregnancy test and they were all negative.

ALTHOUGH i will say I really hope for your sake that maybe you are pregnant!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote