Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
momto4plus4
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing bras are a serious headache! I'm so getting angry!

Yea, I get blocked ducts from underwire and I'm too big (44D) for most of them so I've been using a nursing tank or regular sport bra at home and an underwire out & about. I've purchased a couple non-underwire but my boobs keep falling out! HA!!!
I hope you find something that works. I totally get the frustration.

Advertisement

momto4plus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
NewMom1210
Registered Users
seller

I'm happy with my bravados but they are pricey. Target carries a line of bravados that aren't bad. Is there a specialty lingerie store you can go to to get fitted? I've had luck that way too.

Good luck!
NewMom1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I converted a favorite bra into a nursing bra using this tutorial: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/braconvert.html It worked really well.

Also, I would say that now is not a good time to be buying nursing bras because you don't know what size you'll be once you give birth and your milk comes in. Your band size may go down, since baby won't be in your ribs anymore, and your cup size may go up. Most recommendations I have seen are to get something really stretchy to wear the first few weeks, and wait until 2 weeks postpartum or later to get bras that are really structured and fitted.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #14
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

I've been fighting nursing bras for almost 4 years straight- I finally shelled out for the Silk Body from Bravado- and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. The only reason I didn't was 1- price and 2- I had an older Bravado that I didn't like... I seriously have worn it everyday since buying it, only alternating into sports bras from target when they are washing. I sleep in them, wear then under my house clothes and even under my nice clothes. They come with a removable soft cup. I took mine out, but put them back in if I am wearing a tight or thinner shirt. LOVE them!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
PinkSapphire87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
I converted a favorite bra into a nursing bra using this tutorial: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/braconvert.html It worked really well.

Also, I would say that now is not a good time to be buying nursing bras because you don't know what size you'll be once you give birth and your milk comes in. Your band size may go down, since baby won't be in your ribs anymore, and your cup size may go up. Most recommendations I have seen are to get something really stretchy to wear the first few weeks, and wait until 2 weeks postpartum or later to get bras that are really structured and fitted.
I'd like to get some now before the baby comes. I'm pretty sure this will be my size, as that is what size I was when I was nursing DD who is no longer nursing because she is four! I don't have any of the nursing bras I used when I was nursing DD sadly. They were just motherhood and I never really liked them anyways. So thats why I'm on the HUNT for the perfect bra because I never found it before. Once I find it I will probably buy two, and then wait until a few more weeks to buy some more just in case of size changes. But I really don't think I'll have any size changes.

Thanks for all the replies!

Breastfeeding, babywearing, fully vaxing, attachment parenting, still in school, forever studying, and burning the candle at both ends but loving life and enjoying my girls!
PinkSapphire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
tcmt81
Registered Users
seller

I'll preface this by saying I am small-busted but the nursing bra I have and love is this one
- http://www.herroom.com/La-Leche-Leag...dded-Bra.shtml

When I measured and bought them they were a little little tight in the band, but I bought a narrow band extender from ebay that made them fit perfectly. That website has lots of choices.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
amzasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Has anyone tried the nursing bras at penneys? they had some that were prettier than most i've seen.

Swagging for Amazon gift cards for DD toddler bed!
amzasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
DanicaK
Registered Users

From the sound of it, you are looking for something:
1) Cute - Given you purchased a Cake bra, you want something beside the boring stuff
2) Without Underwire - I understand this. Softcup is the way to go.
3) Affordable - sub $50 is something I look for too

Have you seen You! Lingerie. They have some sexy stuff at an affordable price. People seem to like to based on some stuff I saw on their FB page.
DanicaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #19
lovely_serendipity
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't even bother with nursing bras bc they are too annoying...my norm bras plung deeply in front middle so its easy to move them aside and nurse...I jus spent my money on nursing tanks...I'm at home so much and they have built in shelf bras so I wear tht and pj pants (both pjs and nursing tank from old navy) but if ur out most the day u can't be lazy like me lol
lovely_serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runzbarrel View Post
I just got my bras back from a DS mama on here that will convert your regular bra into a nursing bra! It cost me like $5 a bra! Her name is Sandra Kreps, I'm pretty sure that's her SN too. I'm so excited to wear MY bras again Since DS was born I've been wearing the Bravado bras and it's comfy. HTH!
Thanks for the kind review! I have not updated my WAHM page lately... need to do that.

ITA with Bravados for now and something else later once you know your size. Hotmilk makes pretty wirefree nursing bras, but they are in the $60 range. As for sizing, note whether the bra is US or UK sized to avoid huge cups by mistake. GL!

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote