Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
pennykandy
Registered Users
seller

How much water do you drink?

Just curious....I started thinking about how much water I'm drinking, and how much of it goes directly into BM production, I think I should be drinking more.

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How much water do you drink?

Not nearly enough...some days I don't even drink any...
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
jpabruzzese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not nearly enough either.....
Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have such a hard time drinking enough water. I drink coffee in the morning, and a couple of glasses of milk or juice during the day. By the time 7 or 8 at night rolls around, my mouth is dry, my head hurts, and I'm super cranky, and that's usually when I realize that I'm dehydrated. So I drink about 4 or 5 16 oz. glasses of water in the few hours before bedtime, and usually chug another glass or two when DS wakes up to nurse, and I hardly even need to pee when I wake up in the morning, so clearly I need more. *sigh*
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

I learned a couple months ago that if I don't drink enough water my supply drops. I aim for at least 75oz a day. I have my big cup from the hospital that has a straw and holds 28oz. I try to drink 3 of those a day. I have a very fickle supply so I HAVE to drink my water!
runzbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

I usually drink at least 32oz a day, but I aim for twice that. I have a big cup with a lid and straw that holds 6oz from Starbucks, one of the refillable cold cups, and I fill it with every nursing session....Sometimes twice, and in between. I know it sounds strange, but I find it way easier to drink my water from this cup!!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runzbarrel View Post
I learned a couple months ago that if I don't drink enough water my supply drops. I aim for at least 75oz a day. I have my big cup from the hospital that has a straw and holds 28oz. I try to drink 3 of those a day. I have a very fickle supply so I HAVE to drink my water!
I do the same thing! Except my big cup from the hospital only holds 20 oz, so I try to drink at least 3 of those, plus a couple cups of watered-down juice each day.

For a long time I didn't pay enough attention to drinking water, and DS was starting to strain to poop all day long, but only having 1-2 BMs a day. Some days he would go a whole day without pooping, even tho he would strain to get it out for hours (off and on, of course). At his 2month check I mentioned it to his doc, and the doc suggested I should keep myself better hydrated, which would make my milk more watery and move through his system better. Worked like a charm. Now he poops much more easily and we're all happier for it
blessedwifenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
NewMom1210
Registered Users
seller

I have at least 80 oz. a day. I bought a 16 oz cup with a straw from Target and just make sure to suck it down! I keep it next to me while I'm nursing so that if he's drinking...so am I!! My husband used to "feed" me water from a straw at the hospital but now it's up to me. You almost have to make an effort to drink, drink, drink.
NewMom1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
pennykandy
Registered Users
seller

Very interesting to hear what others drink. I guess I am doing better than I thought, I probably get 60-80 ounces a day, but I was thinking I should be drinking more considering that's what is recommended for everyone, nursing or not.

I've had about 56 ounces so far today, and I'll have at least another 20 ounces, maybe more before the end of the day. I used to be a huge pop drinker, but got away from it while I was pregnant, and now it just doesn't appeal to me anymore.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
dr_comer
Registered Users

I'm terrible at drinking water. Although I drink mostly water, I know I don't get enough. I drink a cup of coffee in the am and may drink 1-2 16 oz bottles a day. I def. Need to work on this.
dr_comer is offline   Reply With Quote