Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfallingup View Post
NFP would never work for me because of how insane my cycles (and lack of them) are with my PCOS. For instance, with DD, I hadn't had a period in about a year and probably would have ended up on that "I Didn't Know I Pregnant" show if I hadn't had the horrible morning sickness.
I also have PCOS and weird ovulation so it wouldn't work for me either. I had the Mirena IUD before and didn't have any problems with it. If your DH can feel the strings you can just have them cut shorter. I didn't love it (painful to have it put in) but it was pretty nice overall.

Advertisement

& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofjess View Post
Guess I will look into the IUD as well. Does it interfere with breastfeeding?
With DS I got my period back right away after having a 10 week PP bleed.
Love the idea of no birth control at all (I get wacky and depressed on bcp) but I really don't want another baby after this one either. We were thinking of getting DH snipped but I am only 23 and he is 25 and I don't know that we are 100% done either. We might have another many many years down the line.
I had mine when I was breastfeeding and it was just fine! I know one girl who wouldn't get it while she was breastfeeding but I don't know why. I know several who have gotten it and it causes no problems.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #23
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're (I say we but it's really I) am planning on LAM and FAM for birth control. I've done the pill and it was a disaster (if you forget 2, you bleed for a month! YAY!) and while the NuvaRing worked really well, my body disagreed and down there became a desert, so it pretty much defeated the purpose. With DH, we did FAM for 3 years before we got married and had a lot of success with it, then after we did get married, it helped us get pregnant since I knew when I was ovulating. LOVED it and I loved actually having a libido again, as did DH.

The only other thing we considered was maybe getting an IUD, though it would have to be non-hormonal since hormones tend to screw with my body a little too much.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #24
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nml12903 View Post
I'm going to go on some sort of pill until DH has his surgery! After my first baby, I went on Depo, and got pregnant right after my 3rd shot! After my third, I had a Mirena IUD, and well, let's just say number 4 was a huge suprise!! My Dr. is still amazed that I got pregnant with an IUD, but it does happen!
WOW! This would probably end up happening to me too! How long did you have it in before getting pregnant? My mom even got pregnant after having her tubes tied...

Last edited by jacobsmommy924; 01-16-2011 at 11:20 PM.
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #25
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

It took us so long with DD that we didn't use anything except pull and pray, and it still took us 6 mo of trying for upcoming DS. So we will probably continue with that, although my OB gave me major grief about not using anything.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #26
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Old age.
Hilarious! I would have thought this would have prevented me from getting preggo so fast with this one, but no such "luck". I don't think I can count on the age thing quite yet

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #27
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

BC pills and shots make me really sick, and I am IUD gun shy as one caused my sister to have some major bleeding and head ache issues. I believe it will be NFP for us too.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #28
nml12903
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy924 View Post
WOW! This would probably end up happening to me too! How long did you have it in before getting pregnant? My mom even got pregnant after having her tubes tied...
I got it put in in December of 2008 (when my 3rd was 6ish weeks old). I got pregnant in August of 2010, so it was in there a while!! I did have an IUD between my second and third, and I did have it removed to try for number 3. I'm not convinced that my DH having surgery will keep us from having number 5!!
nml12903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #29
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Nothing. Breastfeeding usually keeps AF away for 8-10 months and I am fine with whatever happens

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #30
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I *totally* want a lady comp! OMG, I'm glad I looked here and got reminded, so I can try to save up now. LOL.
I HATE hormonal BC....it takes my drive away (Though, so does the BFing...lol) that said, again, I BF, and don't want to risk my milk fading. BUT. TMI, but I Get super dry/irritation and condoms just about kill. (thanks to bfing... so I wind up getting Premarin to help with that.)
Last time was a c/sec, I'm planning my natural vbac, so if I get that, who knows what other "issue" may arise. Seems like I'm kind of mess after birth. LOL.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote