Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #31
Registered Users
Re: Birth control?

i had mirena before i got pregnant with my first, and that could be the cause of why it hurt so much. i could feel it, and my husband could feel it during intercourse as well. had strange spotting for almost two months after i got it. because of the discomfort it caused i had it removed after five months, and i would never go that route again, but it might work better after having a baby first.
*also caused terrible acne in the first two months.
good luck and happy family planning!

erikkablank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #32
Registered Users

We have used natural BC for years with no problems at all. I stopped taking pills a few years ago b/c I just didn't like the idea of all of those hormones going into my body. They made me feel weird and killed my sex drive. I always have 28 day cycles (well, now I do but when I was a teen they were CRAZY) so it was easy for me to know when to be careful. Once we decided to try to get PG, we knew exactly when to do it and it worked. After DD was born and AF returned, we used the same method and stopped being careful when we wanted to get PG again. Maybe we are just lucky, and we are probably a bit stupid, but we like it. And hey, if I do get pregnant unplanned, that's ok for us too.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

NFP/FAM for us. i didn't get my period back till 9 mos PP last time, and since i'm planning on staying home i'm hoping it will be even longer of course, i had some PP issues last time and DH and i didn't even DTD for a year not planning on that this time around!
Lisa, mama to Adrian (3/5/09) and Carmen (5/12/11)
Finally living my WAHM dream!
My Business | Earn Amazon gift cards! | Be my swag friend?
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #34
Registered Users

I was on BC for years and when I went off of it with plans to start trying for a baby, I felt so much different. No more mood swings. Weight went away pretty easy. I was in such a good mood and DH and my relationship was so much better. I will never ever do any sort of hormonal BC again. And everything else scares me.

We'll use condoms. We've used them before and they don't bother us. NFP, although I used it to get pregnant, makes me nervous to use to not get pregnant. I got pregnant in one try and my mom told me our family is quite fertile. I'm OCD so everything I do has to be planned out or else I get very anxious!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:

After DS I got a Mirena IUD loved it until the bleeding started and never stopped. So It was removed and I went on the pill- last summer I got pg again while on the pill- had a m/c and we just used condoms until I got my seoncd IUD- then went for the u/s to check the placement of it only to find it had fallen down to much and they had to remove it.

So we did the pull out method, and here we are having another May baby. lol
Jenn Mommy to Chiara & Carson & Cash
pacey is offline   Reply With Quote