Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
help me get dd to sleep!!!

we cosleep and dd usually sleeps from 9p-8a..but for the past week she has gone down around eight, and instead of being down for the she night wakes up at 10p and sttays awake til 1a or 3a i need sleep!!!!! any ideas? she is teething so that may play a factor.....

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
calapitters
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: help me get dd to sleep!!!

It's probably teeth or she may be getting sick. Is she sleeping any better now? Sometimes they just like to throw us for loops, lol.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well she is napping now and its almost five but im gonna wake her up soon and hope she goes down around 8-9p tonight...i really think its the time changing
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
snookler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just hang in there.. this too shall pass.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
stella072
Registered Users
seller

My DD started doing that a little over a month ago. I started putting her down in her crib & I think we're all sleeping a lot better. I bring her into our bed when she wakes up to feed & she stays with us. I miss having her next to me all night but enjoy the extra sleep I'm getting.
stella072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

OH please there needs to be more answers here!!! my 10 month is up before dawn and won't sleep!!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
bellsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If she is teething, try teething tablets from hylands. They work really well.

I know a lot of people love cosleeping, but it didn't work for us. She didn't get sleep and we didn't either. Once we put her in her crib she seemed much happier.

Swaddling was the key when ours was very little. I am not sure how old yours is? We also noticed that when we immediately went to her she was more likely to stay awake. It depends on your philosophy. We read that they need to learn how to soothe themselves once in a while. I would go in after a few minutes if the babe doesn't go back to sleep to make sure everything is okay.

She could just be in some sort of growth spurt or something. This too shall pass. Ours is a great sleeper and once in a while she has a day or week like this. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

We have been using Hylands. I am ready to kick him out of my bed but he just stand at the side of the crib and screams. *sigh* I think I just stole a thread...
Old 03-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
mum0fthr33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you tried a baby swing. when Jayme started teething nothing got her to sleep so on a trip to the store I found a neat baby swing its a fisher price swing that has a cradle motion and a swing motion with fish is a globe that move and it lights also has a mobil on it and honestly it worked she slept for the first time in weeks threw the night its a life saver for us anytime she gets cranky we turn the lights off and put her in the swing the lights and nature sounds puts her out like a light or she will just watch it until she falls asleep they are well worth the money think its called ocean wonders swing
mum0fthr33 is offline   Reply With Quote