Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hypnobabies??

I know I went really quick too. Transition was 1 hour and the contrax were one on top of the other and off the chart. I had an epidural but it was basically only during transition, then came baby! I need all the help I can get to go natural because I was at my limit before I got the epidural.

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used Hypnobabies with my first--so I don't really fit who you're looking for. I'm going to use it again with this baby we're having pretty soon. It is amazing. I can't compare it to a birth without Hypnobabies, but I can tell you that I would not want to give birth without using the techniques. They are so deeply relaxing.

I am a Christian, and have no problems with it. It really is a form of deep relaxation and you are always in control of your own experience and can stop anytime you want.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
soniarp33
Registered Users

What are the scripts people are talking about? I've heard about hyponobirthing but really don't know much about it...

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
soniarp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post

So what do you to prepare or train yourself? I am 21 weeks, I should start it soon??

If you go on hypnobabies.com they say that it takes about 5 weeks to do the program so you have some time. I didn't use it with my first, but am planning on getting it for this baby after talking to a few Moms on here and reading some other stories online as well. I plan to get it next month or the month after and I am due in May like you.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #15
yella12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The program comes on cd and they call each section scripts. The woman is talking to you and telling you what to do. I started at 18 weeks and I think it was too soon but also really helped menrelax and get great sleep and just feel better about everything!! I redid the program around 35 weeks for refresher. Good luck mamas! I recommend it to everyone!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #16
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm also a 2nd time user, but I did my first birth with Hypnobabies, and it was awesome. I was so relaxed and didn't need any support beyond my husband and doula. I'm excited to use it again next month.

I am Christian and I don't feel that Hypnobabies is in any way unChristian-- it just teaches you to relax and trust your body. My first was a 6 hour start to finish and my midwife is worried this time (since it's a homebirth and she's an hour away) that she might miss it. I can't say enough good things about it-- my daughter was born with her hand beside her head, so instead of getting just the top of the head coming out at once, I got her entire head and her arm and it was still totally manageable.

If you can, I'd encourage going to a class as opposed to doing home study-- the class really helped my DH to get behind the hypnosis (which he thought was NUTS prior to class), and also forced me to do my scripts like I should. This time I'm doing home study and I just don't feel like I'm getting as much out of it as I could. Just my

Good luck!
newMama9.08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I jut purchased the home study program from another ds mama, and plan to start it as soon as I receive it, which should be at exactly 35 weeks.
This my 4th baby. I hope it helps!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
leeannie8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First baby I ended up with an epidural because I couldn't/wasn't prepared enough to handle transition.

Second baby I used Hypnobabies and also LOVED IT! I had no pain whatsoever but pressure instead. Was able to relax and let my body do what it needed to do on its own when I wasn't tensing up. I will be using Hypnobabies this time around and will have another awesome birth. I cannot say enough amazing things about this program. From my research, Hypnobabies is much more thorough than the Hypnobirthing program.

I went from 3 cm to a delivered baby in under 35 minutes and never lost it or even came close to.

I also did the homestudy and rarely did my program any time besides on my ipod as I was going to sleep at night. I'd say I fell asleep 75% of the time before the script finished and it still worked wonders!!

Live in or around Colorado or not? Check out my money saving blog here.
leeannie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

HypnoBabies and HypnoBirthing are pretty non-religious, from what I understand. It's just learning to let go and let your body do what it's supposed to (what God intends, one could argue) without all the interference our analytical brains impose on things. If you're really worried, though, you could talk it over with your priest/pastor/etc.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #20
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I am going to start my program today, and I am 35 0/7 weeks today! I am flipping through the literature, and thinking there is no way I am going to get DH to do this...
Can it be done on my own?