Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
afraid I'm changing my mind...what to do?

Hi all...so, in my quest for the perfect stash, I fell upon softbums. LOVED the idea of the OS, the snap in inserts and the toggle sizer (instead of the snaps). I also like the durable aplix. So, I decided that's what I wanted to get, being a first time CD'er it looked the most user friendly and easy and I figured it would be easier to convice my "reluctant" (to say the least) DH. I bought a HUGE stash and now I have more pods than I think I'll use. I'm trying to sell a few on FSOT to maybe get more shells. Here's what I'm worried about...the more I read on here, I'm worried I'll have to change the shell with every poo, especially during the EBF stage.

I recently found the GMD workhorse fitted with snaps and now I feel like I should have that as part as my stash, along with some Thirsties duo wraps. I already spent a lot of $$$ on getting a huge softbums stash, thinking I was going to stick with one system.

I don't know what to do. My youngest is 4 now, so I am forgetting those early baby stages and how bad the EBF poo can be. I also started giving my other 2 some bottles of BM then formula by about a month old, which I know that changes their poo a little bit. Both of them ended up on formula full time by about 4 1/2 months. I REALLY hope/plan to not do any formula at all this time.

DH is skeptical so I feel like I shouldn't spend more money, but I'm afraid I may not end up liking what I got. I know there are tons of softbums lovers here and that is part of what convinced me to buy them. If I don't end up liking them, then I know I can sell them on FSOT, but it just stinks to pay so much for something, barely use it, then try and sell it. I just don't want to LOSE money, when my whole motivation for doing CD is to SAVE money.

What should I do???

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: afraid I'm changing my mind...what to do?

If I were you, I'd wait until after the baby's born to give up on softbums, Maybe get one of each of the other dipes you're considering (look for them used on here if you're nervous about money) and see what you think when you're dealing with an actual baby IN the diapers. You may love them and if you get rid of some before baby arrives and then discover they're your favorite that would be super frustrating.

That being said, it seems unusual for people to use only one type of cloth diaper. I personally find it kind of refreshing to have a mix of different types and find that some work better in certain situations than others. I have a total mosh-posh of just about every variety of nb diapers and I'm really excited about that because it gets boring to use the same thing all the time. On the other hand, some people love having a super simple stash and find it much easier to not have to learn how to deal with various types of diapers.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
noodlesforever
Registered Users

You might want to wait until after the baby is born and do a cloth diaper trial to test the stuff you want to add to your stash. It's all new and if you don't like them return them and only pay a small fee. If you like it then buy them.
noodlesforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the tips! I think I have too much time on my hands and I should probably spend less time here! I'm known to change my mind...a lot...

I think you are right about waiting until baby is actually here. I'll keep an eye out on FSOT for some used ones I am looking for and see how they do. I had originally thought one style would be best for me, since I am new to CD and like you said, didn't want to learn several different kinds. I'm hesitant to try snappi's and pins, so I love the fitted idea, but didn't really see them until after I bought all my softbums.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so, does anyone have a recommendation on where to find a trial set?