Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ever changing stash mamas - what have you had the longest?

I am a mama who CONSTANTLY is changing her stash.. There is always something going on FSOT. In my 15 months of CDing, I've completely re-done my stash so many times because I love to try new brands! I'm always on the search for the PERFECT diaper, even if it gets the job done I find something I want more and it ends up on FSOT. It's never been hard to let most of my diapers go, even if I did really love them! I've never really regretting selling any of them either, I love buying new fluff!! Anyhow - I just realized today that the longest I've ever held on to a certain brand of diaper was 10 months out of the 15 - my Snickelfritz fitteds, after they were outgrown. I have to admit, watching these raged diapers go into the polymailer was a little sentimental for me

So, what diaper have you held onto the longest?

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Len27
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ever changing stash mamas - what have you had the longest?

I bought 10 MEOS when DD was 4 mos old (5 colours, 5 unbleached)- she is now 27 mos old and my newbie 4 mos old is wearing them now. They aren't my absolute favourite diapers for all day every day, but I just cannot justify letting them go- they were a great deal and are a total workhorse, never any red marks, you get the idea.

My only issue now is that they are temporarily on the backburner as DS is squeezed into his small covers or floating in a med. because the MEOS are just a touch too full of a cut. Annoying!
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
momof2plus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started 8 months ago and still have a MEOS and MEAF cover from my original beginner stash... next longest would be a FBOS and two Thirsties duo diapers that I bought in my second purchase.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Megaroos Extended Tab Prefolds. I've had them since like June and I've changed my stash a lot since then.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The longest I've owned...some FB smalls from when DD was itty. I bought them in the fall of 2006 in anticipation of her birth.

The longest continuously using...some BG 2.0s. They still work great, so no reason to sell them. They are not quite 4 years old and have been in constant use ever since. I've replaced the elastic once, and had most of them snap converted.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ive been cding for...10 months. Ive changed so many times!

I tried flips in the beginning, sold them...then 4 months later rebought and use those often now! Lol, ill likely hang on to a few until im done...which shouldnt be too long!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have been cdin'g for 20 months. I still have my preemie PF's and my Infant Pf's. I use them as doublers. I still have and use! my GMD reds that I bought when she was 4 months. And I have my OS BG 3.0 pockets that I got when she was a newborn as well.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len27 View Post
I bought 10 MEOS when DD was 4 mos old (5 colours, 5 unbleached)- she is now 27 mos old and my newbie 4 mos old is wearing them now. They aren't my absolute favourite diapers for all day every day, but I just cannot justify letting them go- they were a great deal and are a total workhorse, never any red marks, you get the idea.

My only issue now is that they are temporarily on the backburner as DS is squeezed into his small covers or floating in a med. because the MEOS are just a touch too full of a cut. Annoying!
I had MEOS at one point too, and I've actually reconsidered buying them again I got a lot of wing droop, but now since my guy is bigger I think I would like them. I love that they don't have leg elastic! So soft and no red marks
Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #9
MySonsClothBum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i still have 2 of my original diapers i bought: 2 BG organics
1 twilight, 1 butternut. the twilight is converted to snaps by a local mama.

i originally bought Kushies AIOs, and BG organic AIOs, then branches out to other AIOs, then fitteds/covers, then some fleece covers and PFs, then finally pockets(and of course AI2s). havent really tried wool except for 1 pair of longies gifted to me and DS has worn 2x(only had a wet diaper in them once).

now my stash is 95% pockets(one size) and 5% AIOs

sometimes i see cute fitteds/covers for sale and i want to change all over again, but we started when DS was 6months old and now he's 2yrs old. so i am trying to buy trainers(and BG 4.0s, can't resist!)instead of trying new things.
but will try new things whenever we have baby #2
MySonsClothBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

out of my original (well second original) stash I have 4-5 BG 3.0 pockets and a medium BG 3.0 AIO.