Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Jan 19th

Hello Hello Hello!

Had a good nights sleep!

Going to class and then a quick run to the grocery store before I have to get the girls from school. I am excited since this is the first day in my ceramics class that we will be getting our hands into the clay. I am looking forward to having some hand made pieces to put around the house. Hopefully they are display worthy. Talked to my dad last night. Well my brother and I are both pretty artistic (he is a tattoo artist) but my dad fluffed my ego and told me I had always had a leg up on pottery my brother and I are super competitive so that made my day. we also talked about and I am pretty sure he will be coming down for the last two weeks of the pregnancy to help out and get the house in order. This makes me feel so much better! He also said that he would be in the delivery room with me if he comes early! I am so thrilled this takes a huge weight off my shoulders. So I have someone that I trust to watch the girls and will have my dad with me when baby boy comes! I am ecstatic!!

Have a great day!!!

QOTD: What skill or hobby would you like to learn?

AOTD: I would love to have the patience to knit or crochet!

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 19th

Im off to work today, I spent 4 hrs at the registers office yesterday getting things straightned out. DD#1 catapillar finally hatched her much awaited butterfly is a white moth but she said the fairies are comming to paint the moth and turn it into a pretty butterfly.

I wish I could knit all my tries I end up with a rope
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jules - It sounds like you're really looking forward to your ceramics class. I wish I was looking forward to my classes...

Nicole - It's still neat to watch the caterpillars change and spin their cocoon and everything. We did it last year and my oldest FREAKED out and wouldn't go anywhere near the butterflies we released. LOL

AFM - Thanks so much for all of your kind words yesterday, ladies! I am in a much better mood today, thank goodness! I hopped offline and actually resorted some cabinets in the kitchen and cleaned the outer of my fridge. My kids didn't want to help because I was *gasp* cleaning, but they played well together while I did it.

Today I think I'm going to try to clean off the top of our desk and maybe the counters in the kitchen. I don't have a whole lot else planned...some kind of craft for my kiddos, maybe...

Hope everyone has a great day!

ETA: Oh yeah, AOTD...
If I could pick a skill or hobby I'd like to learn it would be for housekeeping to become something I enjoy. I mean, cleaning house is part of my routine and I do it because otherwise it drives me nuts...but I'd like to maybe have it be a bit more natural for me. We don't live in squalor, but it sure would be nice to cut the clutter....

Last edited by blondeviolin; 01-19-2011 at 06:30 AM.
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules- That is GREAT news! I bet you feel better

Blondeviolin- I need to do my cabinets too. Going to wait til February when I have a little extra time and get rid of stuff.

I work a double today
My mom is coming to watch the little ones tonight- My MIL charges me so whenever my mom can do it - at least I can save a little $$$$$

I wish I spoke Spanish Always had good intentions to learn and after having it on my New Year Resolutions List year after year, unsuccessfully
I gave up

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning girls! I have been absent a few days so will give you all a quick re-cap. I was sick w/a 24hr stomach bug on Sunday (lucky me, DH was busy and I had to put the kids in bed by myself, I had my 7 year old make them sandwiches for supper! I'm pathetic!). Monday I had a Dr. appt., 24 weeks, up 3lbs (would have been more if not for the flu the day before), everything looked fine. It was a boring appt. My mom was sick, so I had to take the boys with me there and to the accountant. DH and I own a small business and the main man was dx. w/ cancer last week. He's going today to a Dr. to see what his options are, but for the next month+ DH will be doing a TON more work, including this guys work if he can't get someone else trained in that position (I've done the kids alone 2 nights this week b/c he had to work so late). It's stressful here! To top off my crummy week DH had a spell this morning. He has a weird condition that causes him to black out and have a seizure every so often. It can be increased by stress or not drinking enough water. The stress levels are usually fine to deal with, but I guess he was so busy yesterday he forgot to drink water all day (and the brilliant man also told me that if he drank water all the time then he had to waste time going to the bathroom. Seriously. I wanted to strangle him). Anyway, he didn't pass out and seize this time, tis' been 4 years since his last episode, and while I KNOW he is okay it still freaks me out. The first time he did it in my presence was the scariest time in my entire life. I thought he was going to die b/c he had 3 seizures in a row. I was freaking out! We went to the hospital where they gave him meds for a heart attack (we told them it wasn't a heart attack, he was 27, but they insisted they had to give him nitro), it caused another seizure and after about 2 months we finally got a diagnosis and it isn't a terrible disease or anything, jsut a weird disorder that is treated w/ meds (which he does not want to take everyday, I don't blame him, episodes are years apart and started in his teens), or just staying hydrated and when he feels one coming on he lays down w/ his feet propped up. The seizure will not hurt him (they are from lack of oxygen to the brain, due to lack of blood flow, ti's a heart-related thing) but they are scary to watch and I hate to even think about it! This morning (like still night) I woke up to "Shugs, wake up, I'm having a spell" and when I looked over all I could see where his feet propped up on the bed. he was laying on the floor. It took about 15 mintues for him to feel back to normal again, but he still wasn't feeling good. Now I will worry about him all day! I need a break! I want to go on a vacation or something to just get away from it all! And tonight we are expecting snow... so the older kids will probably be out of school tomorrow. I just feel like everything is up in the air and not settled. I hope it's settled by the time the baby gets here! SOrry to vent to you all, but I really need to call someone and it's still a bit early here!

On a good note, I have ordered some baby girl fluff in pinks and purples (and one BB in light blue)! I can't wait to get it here! I think I will go and do a project to keep me busy b/c I can tell I am going to have a worried day today!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We made it out last night for DH's birthday, the roads were actually very clear but the whole world must have decided to tuck in for the night. It was a ghost town! We were one of three tables in the restaurant. Then we stopped by Ikea to pick a rug I didnt want to smush in my car the other day and only one register was open with only one person in line before us. It was almost eerie! We're off to Gymboree in a little bit and run some very overdue errands. It's our last day with my Mom as she leaves tomorrow. Since we moved here we've had plane tickets for one direction or the other for every other month. But this gap may last till LO'd due date which is a bummer.
J- Have fun with the clay creation today! Great news about that it will work out to have a spare pair of hands near the end
N- We have that Tinkerbell movie and policy as well
B- Tackling the fridge is a serious feat in my book!
C- Your MIL charges you? Seriously?! Mine lives 10 states away and would never offer but I can't imagine paying her to spend an evening with her grandkids!
Question~ I'd like to be able to drive in the snow. My MN native DH isn't phased but I totally hate it. But I'm also unwilling to learn and content hiding out on crappy snow days.

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Good morning!

Jules- that is so great you had a good talk with your dad.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she told me that they were thinking of letting us borrow their mini-van next fall since they are snow-birds who spend the winter in Florida and don't use it. I am so excited to have a second car, even for 6 months. I hate hate hate my husband's Honda Element. We will completely fill the 4 seats with this baby and it is the worst car to get a carseat in. He won't give it up though.

Blondeviolin- Maybe you have inspired me to do a little more cleaning. Today is the day for it since it is snowing here with a high of 19.

Colleen- I would be so mad if my MIL charged for babysitting.

AOTD- I have been wanting to quilt for years, but never do it. I have one panel of a star quilt pieced and it has been sitting for 5 years. Part of the problem is I am horrible at cutting and piecing but really like lap quilting once the thing is together. I need to get over that step. And my projects are always huge because I don't really see the point of a quilt you just hang on the wall and can't snuggle in.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quick hello this morning! Gotta iron DH's shirt and my pants for today!

AOTD - I would KILL for someone to teach me to knit! I've tried the online videos but yeah..noo.....LOL.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #9
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Whoa- a lot came up while I was typing. Hope your day goes well freethinker .
Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Freethinker...so sorry! to you!

Jules glad you are enjoying your class!

I would like to learn to ballroom dance.

I spent the night in a tough rotation of severe stomach cramping/gurgling, running to the bathroom, little sleep....cramping/ .....you get the idea (sorry if TMI) I am praying that I am able to make it to KC for my appointment today as they are supposed to get a storm tonight.