Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
LennaeWarren
Registered Users

Zorb Questions

Thinking of getting a yard or two of Zorb to make postpartum mama cloth as well as some soakers for the baby. Had a few questions...

Is Zorb 1 or Zorb 2 better?

Do you need a layer between the babys skin and zorb (like you do with microfiber)? My idea for the baby's soakers is to cut the zorb into a rectangle and pad fold and put in a cover. Do you think that would work?

About how many layers do you think are necessary for a pad?

Does it tend to have stink issues like microfiber? (I handwash, so don't use microfiber for that reason)

Advertisement

Last edited by LennaeWarren; 08-05-2015 at 02:27 PM.
LennaeWarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #2
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Re: Zorb Questions

I think Zorb and Zorb 2 are basically the same thing except the Zorb 2 comes with a lining around it already. So Zorb will work a little better for some applications and Zorb 2 will be a little better for others

I don't think just cutting Zorb for soakers will work because it is likely to fall apart. It needs a covering. That idea MIGHT work with Zorb 2. I don't know for sure if it is safe to use against the baby's skin, but it looks like it probably is. Again though, I would expect the loose stuff on the edges to fall out and make a mess. I have never heard of someone using Zorb or Zorb 2 plain like that. You would need to serge or overcast the edges. It also would be VERY easy to sew little slipcovers for the Zorb to make soakers.

For mama cloth, 1 layer is all that you need for light or regular absorbancy. For postpartum though, I am not sure. You definitely would want at least 2 layers, but maybe 3?? Mama cloth is tough because the flow changes quite a bit.

My diapers that have Zorb do have more troubles with stink than my other diapers. I am pretty sure Zorb is all natural fibers though, and not microfiber. I think the issue is that these are fitted diapers, and there were just so many layers sandwiched close together, that it was more difficult to get clean in the wash.

I have been told that mama cloth with microfiber is much easier to wash than microfiber diapers, since you are supposed to rinse out the mama cloth right away after use anyhow.

Last edited by NEkalmia; 08-05-2015 at 04:46 PM.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I made mama cloth with two layers of zorb, a fleece back, and a organic bamboo velour (OBV) top. They are perfect. I use them for post partum after the first couple of days.