Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #11
b0000urns
Registered Users

Re: Cooking with a 1.5 year-old

Thanks for all the ideas. I guess the trick is finding the distraction that will work that day. I think my son is like Weddell's daughter. What cracks me up is that he looks at the stove top and says "hot" and still wants to touch it. He has a clue as to what hot means, because when food is hot he says "hot" and blows on it to cool it off, but obviously doesn't have a deep understanding of the concept yet.

Advertisement

b0000urns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cooking with a 1.5 year-old

I have done many diff things depending on the age and stage- coloring, playdough, a drawer and cabinet for him, a seat at the island where he can help put the veggies I cut in a bowl or mix something or eat something.

The only thing that I have done that has not been mentioned yet is put on a video! He used to LOVE Baby Einstein and if it was just one of those nights where I could not walk away without him whining at my feet to get up and help- which of course was no help since then my arms and hands were full of baby! Then I would put the video in and watch with him- sneak away- watch a little more- sneak away. Luckily our LR is right off the kitchen and I could still see him in there.