Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #11
weddell
Registered Users
seller

Re: 10 month old using me for night time comfort?

No help here either lol! But dd is doing the same thing. She just turned 9 months and has been doing this a couple weeks. I'm glad to hear that it's a phase and not a "habit"!

Advertisement

weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #12
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

One of my twins is like this too! Only Aaron and not Glory but everything the same with the pacifier and everything. It started about 1 month ago and has been getting worse. I am glad to hear it is just a phase.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #13
thefragile7393
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom
Is he learning some new skills? It is typical for that age.. As they start learning more and more new things (cruising, walking, talking, fine motor skills), it can often be overwhelming for them! They start needing a little extra comfort and reassurance. It's fabulous that you're willing to respond to him and comfort him the way you are! A lot of mamas just don't have the patience for that kind of parenting, what a lucky guy! Hang in there!
I couldn't agree more. So many mom's read books or listen to their docs or friends and hear "oh it's a bad habit to be nursed to sleep" blah blah blah. Gag. I swear I get sick of people trying to make their children independent at such an early age.

I too recommend the No Cry Sleep-Solution....and get the newest edition out for toddlers as well, as your little one will soon be toddling and it can help maybe plan out for that time in his life as well. I've thought the same things you've posted about...and I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Last edited by thefragile7393; 06-06-2006 at 01:34 AM.
thefragile7393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #14
momof2inohio
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks so much for all your replies! I am definately feeling some love here, and I appreciate it so much!

He only started crawling, not this last weekend, but the weekend before. He has gotten so fast...and so quiet! He found that pretty blue button on the computer tower.... Oh, well, I shouldn't have been sitting here for so long anyway! LOL

He is also pulling himself up on any and everything and is getting more courage to let go and stand there for a few seconds before grabbing on to something again.

I don't remember this with my first born, but that was 8 years ago, and, unfortunately, IMO, he was bottle fed and I was putting rice in his bottles...maybe that got him to sleep longer, maybe not. I have so many regrets from when Hunter was a baby. I have done everything different so far, as far as the birth, BF, etc., and am enjoying every minute of it! OK, maybe not every moment, but you get my point! LOL

Thanks again for your replies.

ETA - I meant to comment on the PP's statement of people's reactions to nursing our babe's to sleep/co-sleeping and no CIO. I hear that from my MIL almost every time we speak/email. She ?'s if he's sleeping in his own bed yet, is he eating more solids, etc, etc. My answer is almost always no and she just freaks out. We could start a whole new thread on MIL's, I'm sure!

Last edited by momof2inohio; 06-06-2006 at 09:58 PM.
momof2inohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:36 AM   #15
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are some great resources here and a lot of love and encouragement. Thanks for the reminder that this will pass. For me, I'd rather be remember for being there for my child than the one who had to have her sleep. This reminds me of what I said before my child was born..."Once he's here it isn't about me any more!"
vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote