Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Jan 20th

Happy 3:30am.

Must have slept so well last night that my body decided I should be awake at 3. Have an Ultrasound at 10am to get some shots redone since baby decided he wasn't going to be all that cooperative. I keep having this reoccurring thought that they will check the gender and it will be a girl. We will see I guess.

DH got to call for about 5 minutes last night he is cold and wet. I keep praying that the next week flies by! I had an interview with a babysitter last night and she never showed. I emailed her and bluntly said that you only have one chance to make a first impression. Back to the drawing board on that one.

Hope everyone has a great day!

QOTD: What is your must have maternity wardrobe item?

AOTD: Jeans that do not fall off my butt and shirts that will camouflage me if they do!

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 20th

Geez Jules, I thought I was up early! I hope tonight brings you longer sleep.

We are supposed to get another snowstorm here starting tonight. Hoping for some good sledding weather.

I am up early to go take care of my friends two kiddos this morning. Makes for a busy morning as I have to get my DD and her DD to their "All by myself" nursery school class. I am going to drive around then so her little one falls asleep during the class. Then off to work tonight. Whew! It should be a busy one.

QOTD:

I agree with the pants. I find I am between sizes and have a hard time keeping things up. Also, shirts that are some what flattering and long enough so my belly is not peeking out. Also, one comfy dress.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
luvnmyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought I was up early, too! Although I have beewn awake at 4.... 3:30 would make me a crazy woman! DS still isn't sleeping through the night. Sheesh, it makes me tired! (His poor little stuffy nose doesn't help... Maybe I will be lucky enough to get at least one full night's sleep before the new LO is here....

Jules: Sorry about the babysitter. I agree with the first impression thing... Can't be having that mess! Oh, and good luck with the u/s!

QOTD:
For me, it's the bellabands. Maternity pants are still too big, but normal ones are too small, so they turn my normal ones into maternity ones and nobody has to see my crack

Hope all is well! I'll be off to Bible study in a couple hours and have yet to get ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanrl6 View Post
Geez Jules, I thought I was up early! I hope tonight brings you longer sleep.

We are supposed to get another snowstorm here starting tonight. Hoping for some good sledding weather.

I am up early to go take care of my friends two kiddos this morning. Makes for a busy morning as I have to get my DD and her DD to their "All by myself" nursery school class. I am going to drive around then so her little one falls asleep during the class. Then off to work tonight. Whew! It should be a busy one.

QOTD:

I agree with the pants. I find I am between sizes and have a hard time keeping things up. Also, shirts that are some what flattering and long enough so my belly is not peeking out. Also, one comfy dress.
And good luck with the kids!
luvnmyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jules - I sure hope you get a nap or something this afternoon.

Rachel - I hope everything goes as planned for you! You're so nice to watch your friends two little ones too!

luvnmyfamily - I hear you on the full night's sleep thing. Unfortunately, though, I don't think I've STTN in the last five years! Hope you get to, though!

AFM - We got some ice in the middle of the night last night. My husband headed off to PT (physical training) with his squadron and I'm sure he didn't even check the conditions of the roads, which are supposed to be slick and hazardous. I sure hope his little car (he drives a '72 VW bug) doesn't slide all over the road or anything. I'm also hoping the roads are driveable enough so we don't have to miss playgroup...and we're not the only ones there...

AOTD: I really would love some pants that don't fall down. My solution right now are Old Navy ones that have belt loops and I'm using my husband's belt. I have yet to find a pair that don't slide down without anything, though. And I HATE those secret panels because that's all I can find now!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning~
Yep- getting up that early makes me tired all day
Hopefully you can get a nap in somewhere ...

Off work today so I have to tend to some work with my charity....

QOTD: Long tank tops ... so comfy and here in Florida they are perfect... but I like them long... makes the baby bump "POP"
HA

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls.
Hoping today will be better than yesterday.
Yesterday afternoon my husband had to kill our dog. He had parvo pretty bad and was definitely suffering. It was a shock though to come home and have my tough guy instantly turn into a bowl of mush and start crying when I walked in the door. I knew instantly the dog was dead.
He was just a puppy, it is really sad. So I feel depressed today. I don't even really like dogs but I still feel horrible that he is gone.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls.
Hoping today will be better than yesterday.
Yesterday afternoon my husband had to kill our dog. He had parvo pretty bad and was definitely suffering. It was a shock though to come home and have my tough guy instantly turn into a bowl of mush and start crying when I walked in the door. I knew instantly the dog was dead.
He was just a puppy, it is really sad. So I feel depressed today. I don't even really like dogs but I still feel horrible that he is gone.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

And here I thought I was up early. Well I guess there is a time zone difference also. DD has been having weird sleep patterns the last two nights. Both days she skipped her nap and then literally passed out on the couch right at dinner time. The first night I let her eat dinner after she woke up, but that made it so we were up until 11. Last night I just decided bedtime is bedtime, and I started to get her ready with no dinner. She actually fell asleep a little earlier than usual, around 8:30. But then she woke me at 4 and at 6 and I kept telling her to go back to sleep, which she did. I however did not and have been up. We usually sleep until at least 7:30 or 8:00 around here.

Jess- So sorry about your dog. It is so sad when pets die.

AOTD- Super tight stretchy t-shirts from Target. They hold up the panel on my "secret fit belly" or whatever pants.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #9
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

I will, again, be really self centered and not expend the energy to reply to previous postings--but know that I would if I could and it would be totally appropriate and on spot!

Its been a REALLY busy couple of days but we are coming out of the rush. The only real pregnancy news is that Im not feeling the baby move nearly as much as I did with my others, but her placenta is anterior (in the front) and my others were posterior (in the back) so it may just be a "different" feeling, or I remember more later on than at this stage. Also, this one has a different bio dad--so she may just have a different genetic make up and could be laid back like her dad, more so than the others. Im not "worried" but I will feel a lot more reassured at my next OB appointment when the heartbeat can be confirmed. Silly, right?

I never get into maternity clothes. Im in a size lower than my prepregnancy regular jeans right now and just keep wearing whatever without issue because I carry so small. I am JEALOUS of you all who need maternity clothes!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well after my appt yesterday I got snowed in here. My kids have a snow day today so I'm missing it. I'm so sad!

The other bad news was that cervix shortened a bit so I have to come back next week.

Maternity clothes? Hmmm...happy with just a little. I don't work so I don't need much.