Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 20th

Morning Mamas! Today is a better day than yesterday, thanks for listening to my vent! I know by babytime we will have everything sorted back out It's just the meantime that I will have to deal. I had a bit of a breakdown last night, I was just so tired and all my kids were awful! The boys have been sick w/ a cold and were SO cranky, then the girls were both fussing all evening, DH got home at 7:00 and I still didn't have supper done UGH! I had ENOUGH of mouthing and fussing, they all got into trouble and hoping they are better today! There is no school due to snow, and I have one BST package Ineed to get out to Canada, that will have to wait until tomorrow. I told the hubs we need to do something this weekend together, hoping he listens!

I got a lot of sleepers and girly clothes from another board I go to yesterday, and it's all so cute! I think I am set for the 0-3 stage, I just need a few gowns The girls were putting all the cute outfits on their babydolls. We can't wait to have a cute baby to dress up!

AOTD: I prefer yoga pants to maternity pants, so I need longer shirts that will let me pull my yoga pants down under the belly, and still not show too much skin With my twin PG nothing would cover it by the end, I was wearing gowns w/ mat. yoga pants, or a BIG men's teeshirt if I had to go out in public!

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess - Sorry about your Dog. What is parvo??

Colleen - I have lots of long tanks also left over from my first pregnancy. I got them at target. They're just the regular sized tanks in the underwear section and pretty cheap. I wore them for work-outs before, but now they're usefull for wearing around the house or on weekends.

I'm feeling a bit stressed in DS's behaf. He went through ALL 3 of his shorts at school yesterday and had on a loaned pair when DH picked him up. I can't believe he had THAT many accidents after doing so well over the weekend and on Tues. But, I think he's stressed. His teacher is leaving by next week so they have a couple of new teachers/assistants in his room this week and he doesn't adapt to change quickly. When I drop him off in the morning, I can feel his aprehension about going into his room. So the new ones are either not taking him to the potty as regularly as he's used to or he's too stressed to hold it or go when they DO take him. He is pretty attached to both his usual teacher and the assistant.

AOTD: I'd say pants that fit are a must. I had the hardest time when preggo with DS to find pants that were long enough since I'm 5'9". I have a handful now and luckily kept them so am using them again. But, this baby is poking out more/sooner than DS so I'm only expecting to be able to wear these pants maybe another month. Luckily here it's warm all of the time so I can mix them up with the one maternity skirt I have along with dresses too. I have a few "later pregnancy" capris kept over from DS which should work too. The dress code at work is "aloha casual" so I don't have to spend a lot of money on dressy preggo clothes.

Oh, another GREAT topper to my week. When I was in LA over Christmas I got "flashed" at an intersection during a left turn. I went when it was yellow, but I guess it turned red while I was still in the intersection. (Here in HI, it's pretty much mandatory to go on a yellow light or you're likely to get rear ended!) Anyway, I find out from my FIL that yeah, they really cracked down on that particular intersection and if you don't think you can get all the way through the light on a yellow, you need to stop. Well, I was driving a rental with my MIL so my MIL got the ticket bill (for me) and it's $470! WTF!!! So pay or go to traffic school. I'll have to see if I can do some online traffic school or something. This is CRAP! If they're going to change the rules to "stop on yellow" instead of "stop on red", than they should have it posted somewhere!

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jules - Love your QOTD/AOTD! I'm sorry your baby sitter never showed up. That's really crappy and I'm glad you sent that email too. There really is only one chance for a first impression.

Rachel - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the sledding weather you're hoping for!

luvnmyfamily - I hope your DS starts feeling better soon so everyone over there can get some rest!

blondeviolin - I'm sorry about the ice and I hope the roads aren't too bad there, both for your DH and for your playgroup!

Colleen - Good luck with the work for your charity!

Jess - I'm sorry to hear about your dog I hope you, your DH, and your family have a better day today.

Maggie - Wow, that is a weird sleep pattern for your DD! I hope that sorts itself out soon!

A - I hear you about the anterior placenta. It took a really long time to feel the baby at all and even now, it's not very frequent. I've had a lot more luck feeling it pretty far back on my left side (right where I've been laying at about 5 am and have been woken up by kicking!) and DH got to feel it once really, really low on my right front just barely above the pelvic bone. I feel your pain though but I don't think it's anything to worry about, just our luck with placenta placement and mellow babies. As long as they stay mellow, I don't think we'll have too much to complain about!

watermelon - I'm sorry about your snow day and your cervix! I'll keep my fingers crossed for better news for you!

Free Thinker - Wow, I'm so sorry about yesterday for you! I'm glad today is shaping up to be better. I agree that you and your DH need to have a night out this weekend so you can have a break and wind down after this week. I hope you get it!

Michele - I would love to have an "aloha casual" dress code since that sounds amazing! I wish it wasn't snowing! I'm sorry about your ticket. I've had friends that used to live in California that had a lot of problems like that too. Everywhere else I've lived (MI, CO, PA), if you're in an intersection when the light turns yellow in a left hand turn lane, you HAVE to clear the intersection, even if the light is red because oncoming traffic wants to run the light. Sometimes you just don't get a CHANCE to go until the light turns yellow so you can't plan on clearing the intersection before then! I think that's a stupid reason for a ticket and hope they can do something for you.

AFM - I'm growing a morning person! UGH! Between the cats going nuts and this little one kicking me in the side around 6 am, it's been an interesting week. I got up today, instead of laying in bed and keeping DH awake, and just got up from a nap. I've come to the conclusion that the kitties, baby, and the frequent need to pee are my "practice" for waking up so much during the night with a newborn. This is NOT something I wanted practice on though! I had some semi-spotting yesterday (more like light brownish/pinkish discharge) that worried me a bit but I think it might have been stress related. We went to SIL's place yesterday and she's been extremely stressed and snapping at everyone for everything since before Christmas and I think I picked up on her residual stress. I don't do well with people yelling at the best of times and now is even more so. Nothing so far today so I'm thinking it's nothing to worry about.

AOTD: So far it has been belly bands (that sort of help hold pants up but more allow me to have my pants unbuttoned without showing everyone my underwear) and long shirts. I need more long shirts!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules-Ugh that stinks about the babysitter. That was pretty rude that she just didn't show up! Glad you got to talk to DH! Hope you are able to sleep later tonight!

Rachel-You do have a busy day today! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Luvn-Waking up at 4 every morning? I dunno how you do that!

Blonde-Hope your hubby made it safely to PT and that you guys got to go to playgroup.

Colleen-What kind of charity is it?

Jess- I am so sorry about your doggy. Parvo is a rough thing to have to deal with. My Grandpa's dog got it even after getting all of their shots. This really makes me cry b/c I'm big on dogs (our two are our furbabies and sleep in our bed with us). So sorry Jess!

Maggie-We usually sleep that late too so when I'm up anytime before that I am not a happy camper! I'm so not a morning person.

Watermelon-Sorry you are missing the kids snow day and I'm sorry you cervix shortened. Keep us posted and I'll it doesn't shorten anymore.

FreeThinker-Glad you are having a better day today

Michele-Ugh I hate those red light cameras!!! We have them everywhere here. I wouldn't mind them if they actually worked like they are supposed to (going off when you go through a red light). I mean thats what they are supposed to be there for is to make people not want to run the red light and hopefully save some lives. But I hate them b/c they go off when they are yellow half the time. And yes the fines are absolutely ridiculous!! Sorry you have to deal with that

Andrea-Hope the spotting stays away. Take it easy Mama. Had you and DH dtd anytime recently before that? That can cause it too sometimes.

AOTD-my secret fit panel jeans from Motherhood. I've tried numerous other maternity jeans and these are the only ones that stay up for the most part. I find myself tugging at my underwear pulling them up more than anything so I guess my next purchase will be some maternity underwear.

AFM-I went to the dr yesterday b/c this sinus thing just won't go away and what do you know I do have a sinus infection. Joy! So she put me on some antibiotics to get rid of it and bring me some relief. It's so bad my head feels like its going to explode at any minute. I've had a migraine type headache for days now and can't breath and have just been miserable. And then to top it off my nausea came back yesterday-blech! It's not as bad today so I'm hoping its not making a comeback. I just wanna feel better and not be such a whiner like I have been lately. I'm usually not much of a complainer to DH when I'm sick, but man this sinus infection has me down for the count. It's been really painful and rough. So hopefully the medicine helps soon to alleviate some of the pressure. The netipot I was using had been helping some, but then it seems like it got worse and no home remedies I tried were helping.

I wanted to ask you ladies-my OB has me on macrobid for recurrent UTIs. I just cannot seem to get rid of them no matter how much water I drink. I looked on safefetus.com and it says that there hasn't been anything showing it can harm baby unless you take it close to term then it "might" cause hemolysis in newborns. My OB wants me to take it for the rest of my pregnancy to make sure I don't get a UTI that turns into a kidney infection like I did with DS that led to some preterm labor. But that concerns me about the possibility of leading to hemolysis. What would you ladies do? I hate taking medicine while pregnant, but I didn't want preterm labor this time so I opted to take it under my OB's advice.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSarahMay View Post
Jules-Ugh that stinks about the babysitter. That was pretty rude that she just didn't show up! Glad you got to talk to DH! Hope you are able to sleep later tonight!

Rachel-You do have a busy day today! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Luvn-Waking up at 4 every morning? I dunno how you do that!

Blonde-Hope your hubby made it safely to PT and that you guys got to go to playgroup.

Colleen-What kind of charity is it?

Jess- I am so sorry about your doggy. Parvo is a rough thing to have to deal with. My Grandpa's dog got it even after getting all of their shots. This really makes me cry b/c I'm big on dogs (our two are our furbabies and sleep in our bed with us). So sorry Jess!

Maggie-We usually sleep that late too so when I'm up anytime before that I am not a happy camper! I'm so not a morning person.

Watermelon-Sorry you are missing the kids snow day and I'm sorry you cervix shortened. Keep us posted and I'll it doesn't shorten anymore.

FreeThinker-Glad you are having a better day today

Michele-Ugh I hate those red light cameras!!! We have them everywhere here. I wouldn't mind them if they actually worked like they are supposed to (going off when you go through a red light). I mean thats what they are supposed to be there for is to make people not want to run the red light and hopefully save some lives. But I hate them b/c they go off when they are yellow half the time. And yes the fines are absolutely ridiculous!! Sorry you have to deal with that

Andrea-Hope the spotting stays away. Take it easy Mama. Had you and DH dtd anytime recently before that? That can cause it too sometimes.

AOTD-my secret fit panel jeans from Motherhood. I've tried numerous other maternity jeans and these are the only ones that stay up for the most part. I find myself tugging at my underwear pulling them up more than anything so I guess my next purchase will be some maternity underwear.

AFM-I went to the dr yesterday b/c this sinus thing just won't go away and what do you know I do have a sinus infection. Joy! So she put me on some antibiotics to get rid of it and bring me some relief. It's so bad my head feels like its going to explode at any minute. I've had a migraine type headache for days now and can't breath and have just been miserable. And then to top it off my nausea came back yesterday-blech! It's not as bad today so I'm hoping its not making a comeback. I just wanna feel better and not be such a whiner like I have been lately. I'm usually not much of a complainer to DH when I'm sick, but man this sinus infection has me down for the count. It's been really painful and rough. So hopefully the medicine helps soon to alleviate some of the pressure. The netipot I was using had been helping some, but then it seems like it got worse and no home remedies I tried were helping.

I wanted to ask you ladies-my OB has me on macrobid for recurrent UTIs. I just cannot seem to get rid of them no matter how much water I drink. I looked on safefetus.com and it says that there hasn't been anything showing it can harm baby unless you take it close to term then it "might" cause hemolysis in newborns. My OB wants me to take it for the rest of my pregnancy to make sure I don't get a UTI that turns into a kidney infection like I did with DS that led to some preterm labor. But that concerns me about the possibility of leading to hemolysis. What would you ladies do? I hate taking medicine while pregnant, but I didn't want preterm labor this time so I opted to take it under my OB's advice.

Sorry about your sinus infection. That just sounds awful! As for the UTI's. I can't speak for that medication, but my acupuncturist and chiro always insisted I drink some of the UNSWEETENED NOT from concentrate cranberry juice. You can get it at whole foods and Henry's market and probably trader joes too. It'll be in a glass container in the regular juice isle. The stuff is super sour and not that pleasant to drink, but apparently really good for UTIs. Not sure if this is TMI or not....but flavored lubes gave me recurring UTIs once (luckily this only took a couple of wks to figure out). Not sure if this is your issue or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Sorry about your sinus infection. That just sounds awful! As for the UTI's. I can't speak for that medication, but my acupuncturist and chiro always insisted I drink some of the UNSWEETENED NOT from concentrate cranberry juice. You can get it at whole foods and Henry's market and probably trader joes too. It'll be in a glass container in the regular juice isle. The stuff is super sour and not that pleasant to drink, but apparently really good for UTIs. Not sure if this is TMI or not....but flavored lubes gave me recurring UTIs once (luckily this only took a couple of wks to figure out). Not sure if this is your issue or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.
Thank you! I think taking an antibiotic for the rest of my pregnancy is a little bit overkill kwim? I think I'm just going to take it for the rest of this "course" and then not refill the prescription until I have symptoms again. I might ask them to just do a urine culture every appt if they will b/c the first time i had no symptoms-they found my UTI on my bloodwork/urine from the lab.

As far as the lube I don't think that is our problem. Poor DH isn't getting much this pregnancy. With my awful morning sickness the first 15 weeks and then I got a nasty stomach bug soon thereafter and my nausea from that didn't go away for a couple of weeks and now this stupid sinus infection, I have no wants for dtd. Poor DH!
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #17
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had an eventful night. I woke from a dream of someone burning brownies to find that the house smelled like it was on fire. There was no smoke, nothing hot, and we could not find anything. We finally called the Fire department (which is only a block away). They told us to get out of the house until they could arrive and find the problem. They decided that what had happened is something had gone through the vents into the HVAC and burned on the elements. The smell was coming from the heating vents. DS and I sat in the car while the firemen were here and he was fascinated by the trucks. Luckily they did not use sirens so the neighbors were not gawking at us. It took us a while to get DS back to sleep and I did not sleep well the rest of the night, every time the heat came on I could smell the burning and woke up again. made for a long night.