Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Reneyney214@aol.com
Registered Users

Drybees Night Time

Anyone have experience with Drybees Night time diapers? My daughter has some and I am thinking of selling them because she sleeps very restless with them on. She is used to pampers 12hour diapers at night, but is cloth diapered during the day. The diapers do not leak, and she and her sheets are dry, but she wakes multiple times seeming to be uncomfortable. I am guessing that this is either from the bulk of the diaper or that it is not as stay dry as the disposable night time diapers she is more used to. Anyone else experience this or have a solution? She is a 23lb 11 month old. I put her in Large drybees night time with the microfiber insert and a hemp insert. Thanks for your input.

Advertisement

Reneyney214@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Drybees Night Time

I use Large fleece DryBees at nights w/20-months-old DS. I stuff them w/a BabyKicks toddler hemp PF and a cotton doubler. He doesn't have issues waking up from being uncomfortable, I think he must be used to the bulk b/c I've always put him to bed in a cloth diaper. I do think they offer sufficient stay-dry protection b/c my DS is prone to rashes if he's wet for very long or if he's in PUL...and his skin always looks great in the morning

Based on what you say you stuff with, the diapers don't sound unusually bulky (for a fleece DryBees), but I'm sure it's bigger than a sposie. You could try to find a trimmer nighttime solution. I'm a big fan of the Green Acre Designs OS semi-fitteds. They are pocket fitteds, hemp french terry on the outside and microfleece on the inside. You could stuff this w/your nighttime inserts and cover w/a trim wool wrap -- I like Imse Vimse Bumpy wool (very trim and very bulletproof). I think this combo will be thinner than a fleece DryBees...fleece DryBees are HUGE.

HTHs

Last edited by boysniris; 01-20-2011 at 09:19 AM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I use Large fleece DryBees at nights w/20-months-old DS. I stuff them w/a BabyKicks toddler hemp PF and a cotton doubler. He doesn't have issues waking up from being uncomfortable, I think he must be used to the bulk b/c I've always put him to bed in a cloth diaper. I do think they offer sufficient stay-dry protection b/c my DS is prone to rashes if he's wet for very long or if he's in PUL...and his skin always looks great in the morning

Based on what you say you stuff with, the diapers don't sound unusually bulky (for a fleece DryBees), but I'm sure it's bigger than a sposie. You could try to find a trimmer nighttime solution. I'm a big fan of the Green Acre Designs OS semi-fitteds. They are pocket fitteds, hemp french terry on the outside and microfleece on the inside. You could stuff this w/your nighttime inserts and cover w/a trim wool wrap -- I like Imse Vimse Bumpy wool (very trim and very bulletproof). I think this combo will be thinner than a fleece DryBees...fleece DryBees are HUGE.

HTHs
I agree with this. But I LOVE my Drybees better than my GADs fleece for nighttime, but my boy is used to bulky cloth diaper butt for sleeping
Old 01-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Djuna2
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't had problems with mine, but it's worth trying other things, for sure. My babies have fallen asleep with regular (trimmer) pocket diapers on, and done just fine overnight.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Reneyney214@aol.com
Registered Users

Thanks to everyone! Maybe I should have gotten her a medium instead of a large! haha oh well. I will keep them and try them again in toddlerhood, maybe then they won't be as bad. Maybe if I use them everynight and just put up with the waking up for a week she will get used to them. I will look into the GAD diapers. Thanks!
Reneyney214@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote