Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pain here, pain there, pain everywhere!

I am so tired of this. If you are one of those women who "loves being pregnant!" then this thread is not for you. And please get away from me.

I have a short torso, so about a month ago when things really started getting going, my ribs right below my boobs started hurting. As soon as I get home I take my bra off. It's worse when I sit for long periods of time and feels best when I lay on my back. But when I lay on my back I get nauseated after a good 15 minutes. Awkward side-laying seems to help the best.

If I'm walking around/standing so my ribs don't hurt then I start noticing something in my hip hurting...it's like in my right butt cheek. Deep in there in the bone. I walk with a limp - kind of a giddy-up step. I feel like I'm walking like a lady I knew who had a fake leg. It's pretty attractive.

AND THEN if I'm doing my awkward side-laying to keep my ribs/hips from hurting then eventually it puts strain on my lower back and that hurts. I always used to get Restless Legs (before they had a name and drug for it) and a hurting lower back makes it worse. What makes lower back feel better for me is laying on my stomach which we all know is IMPOSSIBLE.

So basically I'm screwed. I'm uncomfortble and unpleasant to be around. The only thing that makes me happy is eating. Which makes me gain weight and gives me heartburn. Now that we know the sex I feel like shopping would make me feel better but that coud become a slipper slope!

This is really just a rant. Because I am miserable.

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pain here, pain there, pain everywhere!

The one thing that helps me the most is going to the chiropractor.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a super short torso too so I know exactly where your ribs are hurting. Those days, I just take the bra off and call it done. People can deal and I really don't care that much.

Do you sleep with a body pillow or any other pillow support that you can put between your legs at night? Keeping the body pillow between my knees helped take some of the pressure off of my lower back (my tailbone area has been achy lately) and the full body pillow gives me something to throw my arm over, which I find easier to find a side position that I like that way.

I'm sorry you're not comfortable right now and I hope this is only temporary and you find some relief soon!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

UGH! My hips and lower back are always killing me! I also feel like I have done a million crunches most of the time since my abdomen is always sore.

I know I do a lot of it to myself playing with the girls, keeping house and going to school but yesterday it was awful and I was almost in tears.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too never could understand those women that felt glorious when pregnant. I think it is 9 months of hard, painful work....BUT...IT IS SO WORTH IT! When you meet your little blessing you will forget all this. Hang in there Mama. I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Julia!

Your first paragraph did make me but ya know, I TOTALLY KWYM!!!!

Ditto on the body pillow - I am going out tomorrow to buy a big C shaped one myself - my 4 king sized pillows are not cutting it anymore.

Sounds like you might have sciatica, what with the butt-cheek pain going on. When's your next appt? Maybe they can refer you to a physiotherapist or check into seeing a chiropractor that's knowledgeable in pregnancy.

FWIW, I know how you're feeling. Might be why I have 7 years between my first two and almost 7 between my youngest and this one.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup, if I were you I'd try to get into a chiro. My hips were killing me for a long time (pain in my lower back and rear....never dreamed it was my hip), and my chiro fixed it in one visit.

And I have the opposite issue with a long torso and troubles with my shirts not covering the maternity panel on my pants, but that's another story...
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #8
katieupnorth
Registered Users
seller

Location: near the Starbucks, and the Starbucks, and the Starbucks...
My Mood:

Ack! The rib pain...it's the worst, isn't it? When I first got it a month ago, I thought that I had broken a rib. I switched over to stretchy bras only, and that has helped some. The pain has mostly gone away now except for at the end of the day or when I lay on that side, but now I'm left with a tingling, deadened area. Joy!

My body is totally falling apart with this pregnancy. I don't know if it's because this is my second or because I'm in my 30's now. Either way, I'm a cranky pregnant lady this time around.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, pregnancy sucks in many ways. I was up from 2 to 5 last night just from the kicking nad I couldn't get comfortable. And I hate that people are always asking "How are you feeling" like they really want to know about all my aches and pains. I find yoga helps a lot and helps take your mind off things without eating or shopping, both of which I also enjoy.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

UGH! Im so sorry you are miserable!

And I loved your warning... "Please get away from me...."

Totally says it all.

We are through the first half... and you can do it!