Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Julesboch's Avatar
Julesboch
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valparaiso, In
Posts: 2,384
My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Good Morning! :wave2:

Can't sleep so figured I would get this up while I wait for the Sandman. Had a pretty bad afternoon yesterday. Have been fighting a migraine and the dog is sick but on a very bright side I had another U/S yesterday and the little guy (who most definitely a boy ) is doing great! He has the most adorable profile (not that I am bias or anything!). I will post a pick at a more decent hour. No school for me so after a nominal amount of housework I will be resting today and trying to take a few minutes for me . I tend to forget to do that when DH is gone and I end up sick.

So I hope everyone has a great morning!

QOTD: When you get to, what do you like to do to spoil yourself?

AOTD: I like to peruse Target or kick back on the couch with a Diet Coke and watch the DVR or read. I am not a big touch person so massages or mani/pedis freak me out.

Advertisement

__________________
Jules: Fitness instructor and Navy Wife to Aaron (9/10/05) . SAHM to Three Littles!
Regan (11/8/07), Tamsyn (11/20/08), and Elliot(4/20/11).
Julesboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
jacobsmommy924's Avatar
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hermitage, TN
Posts: 1,275
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Good Morning! :wave2:

Can't sleep so figured I would get this up while I wait for the Sandman. Had a pretty bad afternoon yesterday. Have been fighting a migraine and the dog is sick but on a very bright side I had another U/S yesterday and the little guy (who most definitely a boy ) is doing great! He has the most adorable profile (not that I am bias or anything!). I will post a pick at a more decent hour. No school for me so after a nominal amount of housework I will be resting today and trying to take a few minutes for me . I tend to forget to do that when DH is gone and I end up sick.

So I hope everyone has a great morning!

QOTD: When you get to, what do you like to do to spoil yourself?

AOTD: I like to peruse Target or kick back on the couch with a Diet Coke and watch the DVR or read. I am not a big touch person so massages or mani/pedis freak me out.
Both of my kids actually took a nap at the same time today and this tired mama layed down with them. So, now I'm stuck awake! No biggie though, I have a TON of work I need to get done.

Hmm, I love to read, take HOT baths, and snuggle on the couch with my hubby and watch a good movie. Realistically-- none of this happens very often at all. But my one favorite thing I get to do a week is watch Big Love. So sad that this is the last season!
__________________
Valerie; Wife to my best friend, Mike & co-sleeping, breastfeeding Mommy to
Jacob [9-07] , Emma [6-09] & Sophia [5-11]
My family Blog.
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
mama21's Avatar
mama21
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,249
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Morning Jules and Valerie! It's almost 10:00 here am I'm about to hit the sack. I AM tired and will be out like a light.

AOTD: I LOVE pedi's. I always have some sort of flowery/sparkle thingy on my toes;-) Oh, and I also love Big Love! We have On Demand so I watched the first episode this week. Other spoiling is maybe getting the time to watch TWO TV shows in one night! I just don't have the time to anymore and still get to bed at a decent hour.

Anyway, gotta get busy and post some Large pockets on FSOT as DS is finally PL-ing so I can get rid of some
__________________
Michele, WOHM married to DH for 11 yrs and mama to DS1 Kellyn 6-10-08 and DS2 Kinley 4-25-11 and DS3 Madigan 12-27-13

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
Fishie Kisses's Avatar
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SJV, CA
Posts: 17,654
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Good morning ladies!! I have been MIA from the daily chats, mostly because by the time I get to log on, they are multiple pages and I just don't have the energy

QOTD: When you get to, what do you like to do to spoil yourself?

Well, it's very rare because I just find myself feeling guilty for spending money, but I buy little things like a couple items at Bath and Body Works or something random at Target. And, on occasion, I get my nails done.
__________________
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
mich*mommy's Avatar
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SWMi
Posts: 4,036
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Good Morning! :wave2:

Can't sleep so figured I would get this up while I wait for the Sandman. Had a pretty bad afternoon yesterday. Have been fighting a migraine and the dog is sick but on a very bright side I had another U/S yesterday and the little guy (who most definitely a boy ) is doing great! He has the most adorable profile (not that I am bias or anything!). I will post a pick at a more decent hour. No school for me so after a nominal amount of housework I will be resting today and trying to take a few minutes for me . I tend to forget to do that when DH is gone and I end up sick.

So I hope everyone has a great morning!

QOTD: When you get to, what do you like to do to spoil yourself?

AOTD: I like to peruse Target or kick back on the couch with a Diet Coke and watch the DVR or read. I am not a big touch person so massages or mani/pedis freak me out.
Aww, sorry about the migraine and the dog, but yay for an u/s!!!!!

That's always fun!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy924 View Post
Both of my kids actually took a nap at the same time today and this tired mama layed down with them. So, now I'm stuck awake! No biggie though, I have a TON of work I need to get done.

Hmm, I love to read, take HOT baths, and snuggle on the couch with my hubby and watch a good movie. Realistically-- none of this happens very often at all. But my one favorite thing I get to do a week is watch Big Love. So sad that this is the last season!
WOW, how did you manage a nap TOGETHER?? LOL! Nice timing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Morning Jules and Valerie! It's almost 10:00 here am I'm about to hit the sack. I AM tired and will be out like a light.

AOTD: I LOVE pedi's. I always have some sort of flowery/sparkle thingy on my toes;-) Oh, and I also love Big Love! We have On Demand so I watched the first episode this week. Other spoiling is maybe getting the time to watch TWO TV shows in one night! I just don't have the time to anymore and still get to bed at a decent hour.

Anyway, gotta get busy and post some Large pockets on FSOT as DS is finally PL-ing so I can get rid of some
Have fun listing. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
Good morning ladies!! I have been MIA from the daily chats, mostly because by the time I get to log on, they are multiple pages and I just don't have the energy

QOTD: When you get to, what do you like to do to spoil yourself?

Well, it's very rare because I just find myself feeling guilty for spending money, but I buy little things like a couple items at Bath and Body Works or something random at Target. And, on occasion, I get my nails done.
Hehehe...I do that too.

Morning! I know I've kinda been MIA the last day and a half...DH had his interview and I had to go to dinner to meet with the practice too - it went VERY well! Pretty sure we know at least what town we'll be living in come end of June now! YAY!

Tues night we had a little scare. Had heavy pelvic pressure (like bear down pressure almost), and lower back pain and thigh pain. Put my feet up most of the day, except to go potty and get YDD off the bus. Then it turned to some spotting then a little clot, so I got to go to OB Triage. Everything was fine, can't find a cause for the spotting, sooo....yeah. But I have had a TON of Braxton Hicks the last two days. UGH. I'm glad this is our last - I can't do this crap again. LOL.

Need to get groceries today. Will I? Who knows. I'm exhausted and feel like blah.

Great mood, eh???

May I should do the AOTD....might feel more motivated???

But yeah, my AOTD - Basically same as you Jules. I love to walk around Target or just park it on the couch with a book or the DVR.
__________________
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #6
cococomey's Avatar
cococomey
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida- Baby
Posts: 1,511
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Morning

I work this morning and tonight then off Saturday/Sunday so it's a good thing

Late answer to the question: My charity is a 501 (c) 3 association which is a support network for foster, adoptive parents. We also have professional community individuals that belong to our group, pedi's, lawyers, social workers, etc. We fund- raise to be able to do social events and fund raise to get our foster babes school supplies, christmas gifts, etc.
I do a lot of the soliciting and I sit on the board as Secretary

ALSO: YES- I have to pay my MIL to watch my kid(s). My 2 fosters have daycare and my oldest goes to school but my toddler (20 month old) is all she watches and I have to pay her
Long story short- Wednesday my job canceled so I came home within an hour and she was smoking on my back porch- no offensive to smokers but that is a no-no at my house and she knows it. I don't allow it.
Plus she had my DD in her crib so she could be outside smoking- I was only gone 1 hour... grrrrrr...... It's a total frustrating situation for me that is a HUGE stressor and I can't wait until the time when I do not have to use her...
Sorry this turned into a small vent
__________________
Colleen~ Mom of 4 girls, by way of biological, adoptive and fostering means

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
mich*mommy's Avatar
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SWMi
Posts: 4,036
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

OOOH Colleen! That would tick me right off too! Did she say anything after you caught her???
__________________
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #8
cococomey's Avatar
cococomey
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida- Baby
Posts: 1,511
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post
OOOH Colleen! That would tick me right off too! Did she say anything after you caught her???
NO! The dog was barking and outside with her so by the time I walked up she was running back inside -
Then she played it off as if she was in there the whole time...
It's just a bad stressor ...... I hate to have to use her but I have no other choice because I can not afford full time day care for her

I know that when the baby comes and she smells like smoke (like she always does) she will NOT be able to hold the baby. I will stick by that too- no little newborn should have to breathe that in..... I already hate that she holds my toddler when she is stinky.

Am I being stupid?
__________________
Colleen~ Mom of 4 girls, by way of biological, adoptive and fostering means

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
blondeviolin's Avatar
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,567
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Jules - I'm glad your ultrasound went well! Hopefully you get some you time today!

Valerie - I'm impressed that both of your kids napped at the same time, but doubly impressed that your older one still naps! My October '07 kid hardly ever naps anymore...only if we're going somewhere that takes a while and at the right time.

Michele - Yay for potty training! My littlest isn't potty training exactly (because I still feel she's a bit young at nearly-18-mos), but she sure does like to run around nakey and go on the toilet.

Tashauna - These pages can get quite long! If I don't get to it first thing in the AM, I read, but don't post because I hardly have as much time and the thread is longer...and I'm usually reading it on my iPhone while trying to put someone to sleep...

Colleen - That's HORRIBLE of your MIL! I could MAYBE see making a tiny bit of leeway if she was watching her for free...you know, she was outside, maybe she washes her hands afterwards, etc (Okay...even this is a stretch for me.) But then you add on that you're PAYING HER and it is NOT right. If she was a regular nanny or daycare provider that you paid, there is NO WAY that would fly. I'd have my husband say something for sure.

AFM - We have NOTHING planned today and I like it that way. My littlest is being a bit of a clingy kid so I'm going to stay in my jammies most of the morning, get as much cleaning done as I can and maybe some reading for school if she won't let me be cleaning. My older two are currently playing Batman in my son's bedroom and I'm loving the noises that they are making!

AOTD: Time for myself? What's that?! I also like to curl up on the couch and enjoy a good television show (we watch a whopping total of 3). I get pedis, but only like twice a year because I have such a hard time spending so much on something that goes away, chips, breaks, etc. But it sure is fun to have a cute little flower on my toe!
__________________
~wife to The Husband , mom to my clan!
Abigail (05/06), Emmett (10/07), Eleanor (07/09), Hyrum (05/11), Lorenzo (04/13), and Heidi (05/15).

Last edited by blondeviolin; 01-21-2011 at 07:08 AM.
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
watermelon's Avatar
watermelon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,136
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Tara I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. Take care of you!

Jules hope you have a better day today!

Colleen...grrrrrr

Big plans to lay around and do nothing today so these babies stay inside! Oh, yesterday opened some beautiful wool that I bought on sale on Hyena...must say I was very impressed....so soft.

QOTD: Mocha Frappes....always my vice. I have my own frappe maker and I drink them like crazy in the summer...and I love to treat myself to a "real" one on occasion.
__________________
Mama to DD 10, DD 8, DS 7, DS 5, and identical twin almost 1 year old girls born at 26 1/2 weeks and doing super! Thanking God every day for our blessings!!!
watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.