Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
senorajkids
Registered
seller
seller

Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 21st

Morning ladies! Have been very MIA from DS lately with the holidays and pg issues. Hope to be more active from now on since I am not allowed to do much of anything anymore. Have a partial abruption and too many contractions. Have me on daily meds and weekly shots to stop contractions. Hopefully it works otherwise it is hospital bed rest for me. That is not an option as I have three other children to care for and no family around to help.

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Jules--Sorry you didn't sleep well and the migraine and all of that. I totally feel your agony, sister! Hope today gets better for everyone there. Love cute baby profiles!

Valerie--SCORE on the simultaneous napping and Mama being able to! Woot! One great thing about work that needs to get done, it sticks around so you can do it later LOL

Michele- YIPPIE for PL'ing. Always a wonderful thing, although sad if its your last 'baby..."

Tashauna--I totally, totally totally get the "omg, I just dont have the energy...." reality. I keep hoping it will get better soon.

Tara--Wonderful about the job progress for dh and at least having an idea where you will be, but how scary to have the pressure, spotting and discomfort. I am so relieved everything is ok for you guys.

Coleen--I have no words on putting a baby in a crib so one can smoke, other than thank goodness she didn't sneak it inside, yanno? I hope things resolve with your situation--and I think you are FINE with not allowing her near the baby with cigarette stench all over her. Its not easy to put your foot down, but I totally support you in doing it. And kudos for the non-profit work. Definitely a needed service, and better you than me! I dont ever want to do non-profit work again... I used to be a grantwriter and its just SO hard so yay to you!

watermelon--Good luck taking it easy and stroking and petting the wool!

Brittany--oh no on the difficult pregnancy! Its only a few more months, so just take it a day at a time.

My day here will be pretty typical, catching up on sewing, trying to pack more, and try to eat enough so I dont get yelled at again for losing more weight. DH and I will be together until Tuesday next week, so Im looking forward to that, although hes been alone in his house for a week, so it will take a while to get it "liveable" again. He's not exactly a good housekeeper, but its all good. I don't mind doing "traditional wifey duties" so its not a worry.

It was -39 standing temps (-52 windchills) today, and we were warned to make sure the kids had their ears covered when we sent them out to the busses this morning. What I find funny is that if it was -40, school would delayed or cancelled cuz its too cold. Thank the stars it was ONLY -39 and warm enough for the kids to wait for the bus on the curb! Thank the stars we breed our kids tough here LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Jules--Sorry you didn't sleep well and the migraine and all of that. I totally feel your agony, sister! Hope today gets better for everyone there. Love cute baby profiles!

Valerie--SCORE on the simultaneous napping and Mama being able to! Woot! One great thing about work that needs to get done, it sticks around so you can do it later LOL

Michele- YIPPIE for PL'ing. Always a wonderful thing, although sad if its your last 'baby..."

Tashauna--I totally, totally totally get the "omg, I just dont have the energy...." reality. I keep hoping it will get better soon.

Tara--Wonderful about the job progress for dh and at least having an idea where you will be, but how scary to have the pressure, spotting and discomfort. I am so relieved everything is ok for you guys.

Coleen--I have no words on putting a baby in a crib so one can smoke, other than thank goodness she didn't sneak it inside, yanno? I hope things resolve with your situation--and I think you are FINE with not allowing her near the baby with cigarette stench all over her. Its not easy to put your foot down, but I totally support you in doing it. And kudos for the non-profit work. Definitely a needed service, and better you than me! I dont ever want to do non-profit work again... I used to be a grantwriter and its just SO hard so yay to you!

watermelon--Good luck taking it easy and stroking and petting the wool!

Brittany--oh no on the difficult pregnancy! Its only a few more months, so just take it a day at a time.

My day here will be pretty typical, catching up on sewing, trying to pack more, and try to eat enough so I dont get yelled at again for losing more weight. DH and I will be together until Tuesday next week, so Im looking forward to that, although hes been alone in his house for a week, so it will take a while to get it "liveable" again. He's not exactly a good housekeeper, but its all good. I don't mind doing "traditional wifey duties" so its not a worry.

It was -39 standing temps (-52 windchills) today, and we were warned to make sure the kids had their ears covered when we sent them out to the busses this morning. What I find funny is that if it was -40, school would delayed or cancelled cuz its too cold. Thank the stars it was ONLY -39 and warm enough for the kids to wait for the bus on the curb! Thank the stars we breed our kids tough here LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Good Morning.
Tamsin is back on a regular sleep schedule, but I could not get comfortable last night with the kicking and braxton hicks contractions (been having a lot lately) so I did the wake up, turn on PBS, shove a banana in her hand, and go back to sleep for 45 minutes.

AOTD- Haven't been doing anything for myself lately much except internet shopping. I really need to get back on the wagon with that.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #15
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Valerie: Mine usually nap at the same time but they are each others play mate so they get wore out by each other.

Michele: Happy posting and congrats on PL'ing!

Tashauna: Good to see you around totally understand not feeling like you can keep up I am so tired most of the time.

Tara: how scary! Glad it was nothing serious, So where are you moving to???

Coleen: I would be furious! Good about sticking to your guns about not holding the baby I had to do that with my mom since she has been trying to quit for 3 yrs .

Brittany:

A: Have fun with DH. -39 what a heat wave send them to school in shorts .
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #16
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

MOrning girls! I am finally feeling good this morning! I have dinner in the crockpot (turkey breast), the kids and hubs are home due to snow (Yay!), and we plan just a slow easy day today. I have a TON of laundry that needs folded, but I am trying to do some paperwork instead, I will do the laundry later I think we will probably run into town later and hit the grocery store, DH can drive b/c I won't when it's snowey outside! I don't mind when the roads are all clear, but right now they are still icy.

Hope we all have easy days lazing around the house, and that our kids are all really good today!

AOTD: To relax I like to read a book by myself, or if I have no kids at home I do enjoy baking or cooking. It seems to relax me, but now when I have kids running thru the kitchen or fighting in another room!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #17
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococomey View Post
NO! The dog was barking and outside with her so by the time I walked up she was running back inside -
Then she played it off as if she was in there the whole time...
It's just a bad stressor ...... I hate to have to use her but I have no other choice because I can not afford full time day care for her

I know that when the baby comes and she smells like smoke (like she always does) she will NOT be able to hold the baby. I will stick by that too- no little newborn should have to breathe that in..... I already hate that she holds my toddler when she is stinky.

Am I being stupid?
I don't think you are being stupid at all! My ODD was sick alot because her bio dad thought nothing of smoking around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Tara I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. Take care of you!

Jules hope you have a better day today!

Colleen...grrrrrr

Big plans to lay around and do nothing today so these babies stay inside! Oh, yesterday opened some beautiful wool that I bought on sale on Hyena...must say I was very impressed....so soft.

QOTD: Mocha Frappes....always my vice. I have my own frappe maker and I drink them like crazy in the summer...and I love to treat myself to a "real" one on occasion.
Thanks! I have been fairly lazy the last few days.
Mmmm...mocha frappe.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorajkids View Post
Morning ladies! Have been very MIA from DS lately with the holidays and pg issues. Hope to be more active from now on since I am not allowed to do much of anything anymore. Have a partial abruption and too many contractions. Have me on daily meds and weekly shots to stop contractions. Hopefully it works otherwise it is hospital bed rest for me. That is not an option as I have three other children to care for and no family around to help.
OH NO...hope you keep that baby baking for a bit longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Tara: how scary! Glad it was nothing serious, So where are you moving to???
Marshall. Think DH are going to go look at a few houses Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
MOrning girls! I am finally feeling good this morning! I have dinner in the crockpot (turkey breast), the kids and hubs are home due to snow (Yay!), and we plan just a slow easy day today. I have a TON of laundry that needs folded, but I am trying to do some paperwork instead, I will do the laundry later I think we will probably run into town later and hit the grocery store, DH can drive b/c I won't when it's snowey outside! I don't mind when the roads are all clear, but right now they are still icy.

Hope we all have easy days lazing around the house, and that our kids are all really good today!

AOTD: To relax I like to read a book by myself, or if I have no kids at home I do enjoy baking or cooking. It seems to relax me, but now when I have kids running thru the kitchen or fighting in another room!
MMMM...that sounds good!

I am making Cheesy Enchiladas from The Pioneer Woman's blog tonight.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post

Marshall. Think DH are going to go look at a few houses Monday.
Oh it is a beautiful town enjoy the house hunt!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QUOTE=mich*mommy;]
Morning! I know I've kinda been MIA the last day and a half...DH had his interview and I had to go to dinner to meet with the practice too - it went VERY well! Pretty sure we know at least what town we'll be living in come end of June now! YAY!

Tues night we had a little scare. Had heavy pelvic pressure (like bear down pressure almost), and lower back pain and thigh pain. Put my feet up most of the day, except to go potty and get YDD off the bus. Then it turned to some spotting then a little clot, so I got to go to OB Triage. Everything was fine, can't find a cause for the spotting, sooo....yeah. But I have had a TON of Braxton Hicks the last two days. UGH. I'm glad this is our last - I can't do this crap again. LOL.
[/QUOTE]
Congrats on the interview! Hope this pelvic pressure stuff goes away. That doesn't sound fun at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococomey View Post
ALSO: YES- I have to pay my MIL to watch my kid(s). My 2 fosters have daycare and my oldest goes to school but my toddler (20 month old) is all she watches and I have to pay her
Long story short- Wednesday my job canceled so I came home within an hour and she was smoking on my back porch- no offensive to smokers but that is a no-no at my house and she knows it. I don't allow it.
Plus she had my DD in her crib so she could be outside smoking- I was only gone 1 hour... grrrrrr...... It's a total frustrating situation for me that is a HUGE stressor and I can't wait until the time when I do not have to use her...
Sorry this turned into a small vent [/FONT]
Ack! I'd totally be pissed if any of my relatives smoked around my kids. Hope you don't have to use her for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
AFM - We have NOTHING planned today and I like it that way. My littlest is being a bit of a clingy kid so I'm going to stay in my jammies most of the morning, get as much cleaning done as I can and maybe some reading for school if she won't let me be cleaning. My older two are currently playing Batman in my son's bedroom and I'm loving the noises that they are making!
This sounds so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Big plans to lay around and do nothing today so these babies stay inside! Oh, yesterday opened some beautiful wool that I bought on sale on Hyena...must say I was very impressed....so soft.
Wool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorajkids View Post
Hope the meds work to keep the contractions away. It must be hard to care for 3 kids with no help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4Ways View Post
I so feel for you! My immediate family all still live in Eastern SD so I've been getting e-mails and texts all week about the cold there. I SO don't miss that weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamaggie View Post
Good Morning.
Tamsin is back on a regular sleep schedule, but I could not get comfortable last night with the kicking and braxton hicks contractions (been having a lot lately) so I did the wake up, turn on PBS, shove a banana in her hand, and go back to sleep for 45 minutes.

AOTD- Haven't been doing anything for myself lately much except internet shopping. I really need to get back on the wagon with that.
I have internet shopped too much too lately...I swear, I have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
I need to find more crockpot recipes...maybe will do right now.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Living Room furniture came! It is beautiful and we are so excited! Hope everyone else if having a good day!