Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
gringuitica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I hate being pregnant. :(

And I hate feeling guilty about hating it! This is my first, and this is not how I imagined my pregnancy would be. I envisioned a glowing, happy and slightly rounder me, not this puddle of self pity.

I'm only 6 weeks along, and I'm miserable. I'm nauseated all day, throwing up at least once (usually twice, sometimes many more) times per day, and my body aches from all the puking. I have no appetite, and I'm so tired of people telling me to sip ginger ale (makes me puke), eat crackers (I hated them even before I was pg), or that "this will pass." Hah! I'm only two weeks into morning sickness -- which, by the way, is an evil term since it makes you think it won't last all day -- and I have become a constant whiner. I hate this new me, and I hate being sick all the time. I know that it'll all be worth it come September, but at the moment, I can't drag myself out of this pit of pukey doom to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I just want to fast forward to the good parts, but I'm now afraid there won't be any. I know I'm not alone, but boy does it feel that way sometimes.

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
amberdawn723
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hate being pregnant. :(

If the nausea/vomiting gets too hard to deal with daily life, then I'd recommend calling up your doctor or going to the ER and tell them you think you might have hyperemesis. I had it with both pregnancies. It's like super morning sickness that can last the entire pregnancy for some unfortunate ladies. There are many meds out there that can help relieve the nausea and reduce the vomiting. I take Zofran and Reglan.... Definitely let your doctor know it's more than the normal pregnancy morning sickness so he/she will take you seriously. Good luck mama!
amberdawn723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Ola_
Registered Users

Hey, whine away! Morning sickness sucks! I found I could never let my stomach get empty or I would feel much worse, so I was forever toting around carby things like bread or pitas. They were on my nightstand, in my purse, on my desk at work - I bought in bulk! LOL It really does get better though, maybe the beginning of pregnancy is so tough so that we'll appreciate the later stages more, I dunno. Hang in there mama!
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Mummykatie
Banned

Hi im 22 weeks and im feed up all the time and why do they call it morning sickness coz ill sick all thought the day lol stupid

Its going to be all worth it at the wnd when you hold your little angel in your arms

Smile x katie x
Mummykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
Socalwahine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one word for you...zofran.
That was my best friend during the first trimester.
Ask the doctors and it will make you feel like a normal person again
Goodluck
Socalwahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Samo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats exactly how i felt with my first pregnancy. HATED IT. i was miserable and thought 'why did i do this to myself' and 'im never getting pregnant again'. but finally around 20 weeks i felt awesome and the horrible first 20 weeks was all but a memory.

well now i am pregnant a second time, about 19 weeks now, and I HATE IT AGAIN. And i told myself 'i KNEW i shouldnt have done this again, what was i thinking' LMAO. Ao i am hoping when i reach 20 weeks, again, all this crappyness will be all but a memory!

Obviously the pros outweighed the cons for me to do THIS again hahahaha
Samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Mama, please call your doctor and get some meds.

Hyperemesis is LIFE changing. I will never be the same, its horrible, but it IS treatable. DONT suffer. I had HG with 5 of my pregnancies.

Here is a link for you.

Helpher.org
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Morning sickness is the worst part of pregnancy. Whine away!

and I aree w/ the PP about the carbs. Nibble on them all day. I even kept stuff in my nightstand and picked in the middle of the night if I woke up. Letting my stomach empty was a BAD idea in the beginning.

I hope it ends for you! Mine lasted until 14 weeks and then was gone.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
Mummykatie
Banned

I dont know if you can stop the morning sickness but who ever invents a pill you can take to stop it will be a billionaire lol
Mummykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hate ginger ale and crackers, too. I found water with a little lemon helps (some). Papaya enzyme pills helped me last pregnancy - not so much this one. SeaBands work for some women, not for others.

If all else fails, I'm with the other posters who suggest getting some drugs from your doctor. I'm not big on medication, but there are some safe ones out there, and as my mother pointed out, there are no awards for suffering through it when there's something you could do to fix it.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote