Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I hate being pregnant. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalwahine View Post
I have one word for you...zofran.
That was my best friend during the first trimester.
Ask the doctors and it will make you feel like a normal person again
Goodluck
Zofran was & is my best friend. Last year I threw up from 4 weeks thru 38 weeks when ds was born. Every day. It comes in tablets that disolve in your mouth so you don't need a drink to swallow or an infusion pump if it gets really bad (I had one & it was a huge help). I hope it passes in a few weeks for you!

Advertisement

ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erin So sorry Hun. I have been sick as a dog my entire pregnancy (actually for months before I got pregnant since my body did not agree with IF medications) and since I tried so damn hard to get pregnant for soooo long I almost feel like I have no business complaining so I'm a hermit lately
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Zofran. Miracle drug. Live-saving miracle drug.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalwahine View Post
I have one word for you...zofran.
That was my best friend during the first trimester.
Ask the doctors and it will make you feel like a normal person again
Goodluck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristieW View Post
Zofran. Miracle drug. Live-saving miracle drug.
Yes Zofran was the only that made a real difference. I had "morning" sickness all day everyday till at least 20 weeks when it finally subsided.
I wont say I felt back to my "normal" self but I did feel much better.

Now Im 40 weeks tomorrow and just hope she decides to arrive sometime soon (by or before 42 weeks) so I dont have to be transfered out of the birthing center!

I dont really enjoy being pregnant either. This is my 2nd baby and it's been more difficult in some ways, especially the morning sickness, that alone has me saying NOT again.
Ive gained more weight than I wanted to I *hate* that because I know it's not going to just fall off and I worked so hard to lose it before I got pregnant, but oh well. I made up for not eating the first half of my pregnancy thats for sure!

This pregnancy has gone by so slow and so fast at the same time. Ive been pregnant for so long it seems, I feel like Ill always be pregnant! lol
Now Im so uncomfortable, and I ache, and my sleeping is so messed up!

It's ok you dont have to be in love w/being pregnant, I know Im not! lol

I took my son to the doctor today and one of the nurses said I didnt look "big enough" to be 40weeks and ready to go, that I looked like I had another month to go! She's like "dont worry they will probably induce you next week!", thats exactly what would make me worry lady!

But I digress!

Go see your dr get some meds and feel better!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
gringuitica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately, we don't have Zofran here, but I am on another anti-nausea drug that seems to help some. Hopefully it'll ease up sometime in the second trimester!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Glad you found something that helps! And yes, for the majority of women it does ease up around week 12. (Though by no means all - my mom was another of those who was sick the entire time.)

The way I see it, wanting a baby does not mean you want to be miserable. You can be grateful you're pregnant but not enjoy the actual pregnancy part. So don't feel bad if you don't enjoy the process of getting to the part where you hold the baby. No one wants to be miserable. That would just be insane.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #17
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringuitica View Post
Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately, we don't have Zofran here, but I am on another anti-nausea drug that seems to help some. Hopefully it'll ease up sometime in the second trimester!
you poor baby. I've been pouking the whole time. PSI Bands helped some I have to keep them very tight and they leave welts in my wrists but it helped some. Also vitamin B helps. This site has lots of ideas and products not sure if some of them will help you http://morningsicknesshelp.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
Glad you found something that helps! And yes, for the majority of women it does ease up around week 12. (Though by no means all - my mom was another of those who was sick the entire time.)

The way I see it, wanting a baby does not mean you want to be miserable. You can be grateful you're pregnant but not enjoy the actual pregnancy part. So don't feel bad if you don't enjoy the process of getting to the part where you hold the baby. No one wants to be miserable. That would just be insane.
ITA with this and I am like Ten's mom and still sick well into my 2nd trimester. I'm a lucky one
Old 01-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #18
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hate it, too. My first was just horrid. I lost weight, puked many times a day even with Zofran, never could eat much. Around 20wks, I got a bit better, but it was still awful. Everyone told me the second would be better. WRONG! It's just as bad, although I got the Zofran sooner, so the puking is under control. However, even when I am not super nauseous, I still just don't feel good. I am sore, have headaches, etc. This is it for me. I am really never, ever getting pregnant again. Ever.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sorry mama! I hope it doesn't last too long for you. It is hard to have people tell you it will only be another couple of months when you feel absolutely miserable. Hang in there!
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #20
wendyroo2001
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Look into the prima bella wristband. It helped me a ton this time around, but it is pricey and you have to have your doctor order it. www.primabellarx.com