Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Feedback on some boy names, please!

My favorite in your list is Gage. I like Caleb, but I think w/ it ending in a B and your LN ending in a P it might run together a little bit. I LOVE Thomas, and think you should totally use it and just call him Thomas if you both like it. My twins' middle names are Thomas and David, so we must like similar names

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My

I am all about names having a good "ring" to it. I like Thomas, but would lean toward making David the first name... I like the sound of David Thomas P----er. DS name all has 2 syll Colton Wiley (and even the last name is 2 syl).
Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
SweetVioletsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like Thomas David, or David Thomas does sound good too

We're using David as a middle name for our baby boy, too!
SweetVioletsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

I think of your list I like Caleb best. Your other two children have very formal names, so I am suprised by the names like Gable and Gage. I didn't even recognize Aran as Aaron- I thought it was maybe like Arun, which is an Indian name.

At the same time for me, David is a little stuffy, so I would want something more "modern" like Caleb instead of Samuel or Thomas. What about Issac or Elias? I also thought Jacob, William, Benjamin, or Nathan. If I hadn't seen your list. based on James and Alexandra, I would have picked Jack.

If you love Thomas, what about Thom as a nickname? I think it reads younger, maybe just because the H makes me think of Tom Thumb. Also, I thought of president Lincoln's son Thomas who they called Tad. Kinda cute.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamaggie View Post
I think of your list I like Caleb best. Your other two children have very formal names, so I am suprised by the names like Gable and Gage. I didn't even recognize Aran as Aaron- I thought it was maybe like Arun, which is an Indian name.
Like the yarn weight. I thought it was a different spelling. Aaron, to me, is just so.... biblical? Which I guess our other names are, too, but Aaron just seemed so biblically traditional.

Quote:
At the same time for me, David is a little stuffy, so I would want something more "modern" like Caleb instead of Samuel or Thomas. What about Issac or Elias? I also thought Jacob, William, Benjamin, or Nathan. If I hadn't seen your list. based on James and Alexandra, I would have picked Jack.
All great suggestions - but current family names! David is my father's first name, and we had thought of using it as a first name but decided against it. We are pretty set on using it as a middle name. Both DH and I have cousins named Jacob, Benjamin, William, and Jack. And William is DS's middle name. We hadn't thought of Isaac or Elias. How do I pronounce Elias?

Quote:
Also, I thought of president Lincoln's son Thomas who they called Tad. Kinda cute.
Totally forgot that he called him Tad!!! Thank you!

- - - - -

Thank you for all the feedback! I think Gable is a fairly traditional name, but with our last name sounds a lot like the power tool company, Porter-Cable. It's a shortened version of Gabriel, which I thought was cool.

I just read the thread to DH... he thinks it's funny that you all like Samuel so much.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

I like Thomas! We will have a Camden James or Camden Thomas most likely.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not sure how you pronounced aran cael or caelen so those definitely wouldn't make my list. I like Samuel and Zachary from that list.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

I like Gage. I was on my list. If you are still name "shopping" I also had:

Simon
Killian
keiron
Declan
Callum
Oliver
Winston
Markus
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #19
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm partial to Caleb, but that's because I have one . I also like Samuel or Thomas, but Thomas is my dad and Samuel lives across the street from us.

I think Caelen sounds like a girl's name, and there are 2 Gages on my Caleb's gymnastics team.

I think I just am around too many kids to pick out a name and not have a connection to it. My husband and I had a VERY hard time picking out names because I've been a teacher for 17 years and almost *every* name has come through my classrooms at one time or another. That's how we got Emery and the new baby will be Addalyn. I've never had either one of those

As for nicknames, we have a Rebekah, and make very clear to anyone who tries that she is NOT Becky. She is either Rebekah or Bekah, but nothing else. She will correct them now, too, if anyone tries to call her Becky. We're not rude about it, but she is OUR child, and we get to choose her nickname for now.
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #20
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToMyMonkeys View Post
I think I just am around too many kids to pick out a name and not have a connection to it. My husband and I had a VERY hard time picking out names because I've been a teacher for 17 years and almost *every* name has come through my classrooms at one time or another.
This is my problem. I've only clocked about 10 years in the classroom, but it was enough to have run into almost every name 2-3 times. I taught music, so I was seeing almost every kid in the building, too. DH is in love with the name Tristan, but I had a student named Tristan that still makes me The good news is that I have had a couple of good Sam's, an awesome Thomas, and an outstanding Caleb. It certainly makes it easier!