Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #21
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feedback on some boy names, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdestructobaby View Post
I like Gage. I was on my list. If you are still name "shopping" I also had:

Simon
Killian
keiron
Declan
Callum
Oliver
Winston
Markus
Thanks for the suggestions! A couple of those remind me too much of beer brands, and a friend just named her new baby boy Declan. Considering we both also have Alexandra's, I don't want to do it again. Choosing Gaelic names are hard, especially when they can so easily cross the line, you know? Callum was on my list for a while, too.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #22
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

As my mother says I have "bizarre" tastes in names so my name list has a lot of very unique names. We went with a Slavic name this time since DH is Polish. Both girls have Old English names that I love but are considered pretty different.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #23
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How about Brent or Brennan? Kenton? Collin, Chase, or Ethan?
My dh's name is Thomas Stephen. My nephew's name is David Arthur.
I have two more suggestions but I'm trying to figure out what it is...one was the name of a doctor on ER for a while...what was his name...ok one name is Silas and the other is similar...Lucian! OK, not similar at all. ROFL! It's similar to Lucius, in that it ends in s.
You gotta appreciate my effort here. lol
Old 01-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #24
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elias is pronounced EE-lie-us, kind of like Eli Whitney, with an "us" at the end.
I like Elijah too. My dd is Elisha, pronounced like Alicia, but for a boy, it's pronounced EE-lie-shuh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaisa47 View Post
Like the yarn weight. I thought it was a different spelling. Aaron, to me, is just so.... biblical? Which I guess our other names are, too, but Aaron just seemed so biblically traditional.

All great suggestions - but current family names! David is my father's first name, and we had thought of using it as a first name but decided against it. We are pretty set on using it as a middle name. Both DH and I have cousins named Jacob, Benjamin, William, and Jack. And William is DS's middle name. We hadn't thought of Isaac or Elias. How do I pronounce Elias?

Totally forgot that he called him Tad!!! Thank you!

- - - - -

Thank you for all the feedback! I think Gable is a fairly traditional name, but with our last name sounds a lot like the power tool company, Porter-Cable. It's a shortened version of Gabriel, which I thought was cool.

I just read the thread to DH... he thinks it's funny that you all like Samuel so much.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #25
JNicole85
Registered Users

Caleb was one of my favorite names if our LO had been a boy! I love it.
JNicole85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 AM   #26
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annb View Post
How about Brent or Brennan? Kenton? Collin, Chase, or Ethan?
My dh's name is Thomas Stephen. My nephew's name is David Arthur.
I have two more suggestions but I'm trying to figure out what it is...one was the name of a doctor on ER for a while...what was his name...ok one name is Silas and the other is similar...Lucian! OK, not similar at all. ROFL! It's similar to Lucius, in that it ends in s.
You gotta appreciate my effort here. lol
Yes, I do appreciate the effort!

Thanks for more suggestions! I like Brennan, but I can't use Chase or Ethan because they are currently family names being used elsewhere - which is too bad, because I love Ethan! Thanks for clarifying Elias!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #27
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Good luck with this one. I've purposefully not added a comment because I think names are a personal thing that fits with YOU and to heck in a handbasket if someone else doesnt like it. We have settled on a name for this baby, including a family middle name that isnt the most attractive generally, but it has very strong connections so its all good.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
As my mother says I have "bizarre" tastes in names so my name list has a lot of very unique names. We went with a Slavic name this time since DH is Polish. Both girls have Old English names that I love but are considered pretty different.
Jules it sounds like we are kindred spirits. DH is also Polish and Casimir and Stanislav are on our long list. Your "R" isn't Romilly by any chance? That was a big contender for me when naming DD.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #29
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamaggie View Post
Also, I thought of president Lincoln's son Thomas who they called Tad. Kinda cute.
LOVE THAT!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #30
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4Ways View Post
Good luck with this one. I've purposefully not added a comment because I think names are a personal thing that fits with YOU and to heck in a handbasket if someone else doesnt like it. We have settled on a name for this baby, including a family middle name that isnt the most attractive generally, but it has very strong connections so its all good.
It is hard... and sometimes I feel bad giving my own personal feedback on names when they just aren't my style. But it's funny, on another board where women are a little more 'traditional', Thomas has been the hands-down winner, with a whole bunch of reactions to names like Caleb and Gable. It seems to be the opposite here, which is amusing. But I do appreciate the input, even if I can't use it! Sometimes hearing a different name can make you go in a different direction.