Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Does it feel "real" to you?

This pregnancy has been a little different--well, a LOT different for a lot of reasons, but that's another story.

I keep finding myself "forgetting" that Im pregnant. Like suddenly my dh will say something, or Ill reference "when the baby comes" and Im struck with OMG! Im pregnant! We are going to have a new baby in ........4 months!

Its not that Im not thrilled, or excited, or anything... its just takes me by surprise again and again and again. I know part of that is because Im carrying so small, again, and am not "feeling it" physically, but still.

Anyone else? Or am I just a miserable pathetic preggie who will probably go to the store and leave the baby home a few times because I will forget she's here? LOL

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Does it feel "real" to you?

No you are not alone. Even though I feel and look like a Mack truck I still find myself in awe that I'm pregnant. Every once and a while I will be just sitting and doing something with the girls and suddenly the baby will kick and I will be like "Oh yea".

Don't even get me started on the whole "It's a boy thing" I had the U/S tech check like 50 times because I couldn't believe I have a little man inside me.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It feels real...but it feels like I have a lot longer than I really do! ROFL!

There are days when I get into a panic and go OMG!!!!! We don't have enough time!!!!!!

Freaks me right the heck out....
Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG, Jules, right????? I still don't believe we're having a boy......I am all freaked out cuz I have NO IDEA what to do with a boy....I've only had girls for 13 years! LOL!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Don't even get me started on the whole "It's a boy thing" I had the U/S tech check like 50 times because I couldn't believe I have a little man inside me.

After our CVS, I told my genetic counselor to check with the lab. I was certain they misplaced the Y chromosome, and it couldnt possibly be XX (a girl) They just needed to recheck and find the Y becasue it was a boy.

Same with all the ultrasounds. I know the techs giggle when I say, "please go look for the stem of the apple so he can find it and put it back on... it cant be a girl. Nope. It HAS to be a boy." but Im more serious than they can imagine.

Im cool with having a girl, dont get me wrong. Dd #4 will be 20 months when this baby, who is dd#5 comes. That's a great age difference, especially for girls who will hopefully be each others best friends if we are lucky, but still. It just seems more surreal than my being pregnant.

I think I will be certifiable when Im at the hospital delivering a baby at all, but holding a girl at the end of it all.

Im glad Im not the only one, though!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep- same boat here. I wake everyday forgetting that I am pregnant. I am carrying small, my ODD told me she thinks the baby will probably be small because my belly isn't big ...HA
"Not yet " what I was thinking- just wait....lol....

anyway- Friday night was the 1st time a stranger asked me when I was due- and I thought "Hooray, I don't just look like I have put on 10 pounds"

I think it will all sink in when either #A I am so huge I can barely move OR #B I am holding him/her in the hospital

Either way, I am treasuring every second of it- it took us 8-ish years to conceive again

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

I have to say I don't know if the baby feels real yet, but the pregnancy sure does. I think that's because I am still spending all my time caring for DD and I can't imagine how I'm going to care for two. Meanwhile I have so many aches and pains, and this one is a real kicker, plus DD keeps wanting to lay on my lap which is really uncomfortable. So I don't get a whole lot of chances to forget I'm preggo, lol.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

I'm right there with you. I think, for me, it's because I'm so wrapped up in caring for DD day to day (today is her first birthday party!) that I just don't have time to sit down and daydream about the newbie like I did with Persephone. When she was coming, we were in such awe and amazement, that we would spend hours looking at our ultrasound pictures and dreaming and telling ourselves over and over, "We're having a baby. A baby!"

I feel really guilty about it, but with this little one, I'm spending so much time caring for DD that I barely have time to take a shower or make sure my teeth are brushed, let alone spend big blocks of time wondering about the new little person I'm making. I feel horrible, but sometimes, I forget I'm even pregnant. Then, I'll get a kick or a flutter, and think, "Oh, my gosh. There's a whole other baby in there!"
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfallingup View Post
I'm right there with you. I think, for me, it's because I'm so wrapped up in caring for DD day to day (today is her first birthday party!) that I just don't have time to sit down and daydream about the newbie like I did with Persephone. When she was coming, we were in such awe and amazement, that we would spend hours looking at our ultrasound pictures and dreaming and telling ourselves over and over, "We're having a baby. A baby!"

I feel really guilty about it, but with this little one, I'm spending so much time caring for DD that I barely have time to take a shower or make sure my teeth are brushed, let alone spend big blocks of time wondering about the new little person I'm making. I feel horrible, but sometimes, I forget I'm even pregnant. Then, I'll get a kick or a flutter, and think, "Oh, my gosh. There's a whole other baby in there!"
I agree and same thing my DH says
We were young & ODD was our first, that was ALL we could think about. Right now we have 4 other kids and are busy every.single.minute. Then it catches up some days and I think "Crud~ I need DH to paint this room, clean out closets, order the crib, etc. - time is running out"
LOL

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I have so much going on usually that I will feel a kick and be like "whoa...I forgot you were in there" almost every time. I am unbelievably thrilled, but the thought of a 6th boy (all under the age of 6) just doesn't seem real to me

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote