Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you bought newborn diapers then decided you didn't like them?

Okay so I have started on my newborn stash and gotten quite a few diapers but now there are ones that I just don't love and I am thinking of selling them, have you done that?

Advertisement

Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you bought newborn diapers then decided you didn't like them?

what do you mean? you dislike the idea of cloth diapers on a newborn? don't like the pattern ? etc.. I bought RaR for my then newborn but then decided I really didn't want pockets for that stage and sold that one but that was realy it other than that I enjoyed collecting my stash.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

I got some kissaluvs 0 and I did not liked them after washing. I sold them right after that with almost or no use.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not really to dislike, but just not loving. I got GrahamBearWear fitteds to try but then remembered that I don't love side-snapping . I'm keeping them until DS outgrows them though - good to have backup and they are good diapers. And I have too many PUL covers, some that I may not even touch, because I got into wool and prefer to use that with my PFs and fitteds.

The rest I like or love, though Lil Joeys didn't last long. One I was surprised I liked so much because it was perfect for the umbilical stage (Bummis Super Brites).

Curious, what did you decide you didn't like and why?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
Hmicolucci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that I hated the kissaluvs. I found it really helpful to do jillian's drawers trial program which sends you a bunch of different types to try so you can decide which to buy. If I was ever going to have another baby, I now know what type of diapers I like, but for the initial setup, it can be very confusing until you actually start using them.
Hmicolucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well a few of the things I have decided I don't have love for are the Kissaluvs I got. I just don't know why but since I have gotten some of my other ones, these are just not for me. Then there is some Very Baby fitteds that I got I am not sure why I just don't like them and haven't since I got them. Then there is my contour diapers my dh says I will never use them and after having them for a while I am pretty sure he is right.
Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really don't love Kissaluvs either. They are bulky, and not that absorbent. I sold about half of mine, and bought AIOs. I had Kissaluvs Contours, and HATED them.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought a fairly good variety of NB stash and am thinking about trying to sell off some of it next week after a little over a week of use. I don't like the Lil Joeys or some of the brands of fitteds because they already seem too small. I also think my guy might already be big enough to fit into some of his OS diapers, even though he'll only be two weeks old tomorrow, so I'll need less of a NB stash anyway.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i bought a ton of nb diapers and then when my ds came i didnt love them! i panicked and sold of a ton of them for something else. it was awful! well i sold some smalls that i thought would fit, but they were really more like mediums, i sold dozens of pf's and then bought some nb fitteds. then i realized that the pf's were better than fitteds and bought the pfs all over again! pg hormones can really mess with you!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

hmm yes! I bought a bunch of different brands for the newborn stage, and boy do I regret it. It has been expensive I would say. We have a 4 week old right now so I have gotten to use all of what we bought. At least I know now what does or does not leak!!! yikes. Just to give you an idea- I bought all of these diapers a while before I had my second little girl: imse vimse preemie covers and newborn clotheez workhorse fitteds to go under them, ragababe, tots bots tini fits, xs fuzzi bunz, lil joeys, little bee creations. The ones that came out winners were:
imse vimse covers
ragababes
tots bots tini fits
lil joeys up until now. Not good on absorbency at this point.

I don't know why but the xs fuzzibunz just did not work for my girl. So many people seem to love them, but they leaked around the legs for us. Also, the clotheez workhorse fitteds were great at first, but they are not very absorbent now- although they don't leak out of the imse vimse covers which is great! The little bee creations lasted about 3 weeks for absorbency. They are a pretty thick little diaper too. Maybe I just have a heavy wetter
EssentialGoodz is offline   Reply With Quote